Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Recent crime wave....

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 55Willy, Jan 29, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Theres been too much of this lately.
    Mikey (car was ransacked)
    Shane(454..not a light one to get)
    Ron(speaker box and bag of foriegn money)
    My boss (they even took his shoes!!!!)
    My buddy( 85 toyota, 4.3 vortec, 37" mtr's)

There was a local chop shop that was busted but they haven't told my buddy if his truck or parts were there.

This makes me sick /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Jeremy

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

yeah.. better just give me all your stuff Jeremy.. I'll keep it safe for ya.. on my truck..... LOL

Ok.. yeah it does blow.. I've been ripped off before, had my stuff vandalized and stolen.. really pisses ya off...

Specially like the 454.. cant exactly make a claim on your auto insurance for that... ouch... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeppers... now more than ever we have to be vigilant and smart about how we secure our rigs. Assuming we dont have the time to stand watch over your rig 24 hrs a day, we have to use our intellect to foil human-trash like car theives.

I got my speaker box + amp stolen about 1.5 months ago from the back of my rig. Didnt make me happy. Next sub I put in my rig is going to be integrated into a welded-in steel side panel. sons a bitches. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

j

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

And here I am parking my rigs with the keys in them at night... Glad they dont know where I live (wish I could remember too so I could go home /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

5. jekbrown

lol!!! must be nice living somewhere relatively secure from scum bags. I live in the burbs... ie prime hunting grounds for stereo / car theives. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

6. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

ditto on the burbs thing... though I have started putting in little devices to keep my truck around in the morning. Like installing a "starter kill" by putting a small toggle switch in the pwr line to my HEI. try and start it with that thing off. Also using angle steel pieces to secure the stereo to the dash (and pulling the face plate when I get out). I dont generally lock my doors (well, actually, I cant lock them - no door keys yet) so I dont keep anything in the K5 other than extra parts all hidden from view. grade 8 bolts hold down my ammo boxes, bike cable/lock as added protection woven around my spare tire in the back. Little stuff like that. Oh... plus I park under a motion sensing light at home, so if someone walks up, the lights go on. I hate that this kind of crap has to be done... its complete BS /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, but its either this or move to new zealand... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif which after watching LoTR the wife is much more accepting of the idea :P. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

It would be cool to have a stuck thread of security idea's, but that in its self is a security risk... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bah... New Zealand here I come!

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Population of 200 and everyone knows everyone except me cause I am never around I leave for work at 5:30 am, get home around 8 PM and gone every weekend for the most part... 2 dogs gaurd the house and yard (probably would like you to death before anything else /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif).

8. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Hey Kenny, you know a guy there named Krebbs? Dick Krebbs? He is my uncle...

Just thought I would ask. Its a small world sometimes.

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Oh ya. I finally got my rig in the garage. I sleep a thousand times better now! Oh and the fact that the dist. cap is under my pillow helps as well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    BASTARDS!!

10. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Gotta love this..
    Since my door was busted and I had to go to work I had my sister stay here and wait for the maintence guy to get here.
    I take her home (had to limp her van here) and her door has been kicked in. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Nothing stolen or messed with. This is getting old fast.
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Oh **** that.
    How much is a concealed weapons permit???

12. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Welcome to the reality that we now live in fawkin little L.A. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

14. jekbrown

good point... main problem prolly is all the kalifornicators that have moved up here. My parents came to the 'couve in like '71 when it was kinda a cool lil town. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

AFA the concealed carry... I gotta renew mine. Once I quit living on-campus here at psu... I can pack heat again. w00t! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I still say it's huntin' time! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Last I heard, it's hard to trace an arrow! I could practice my stealth tactics! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif