Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Recent Pics of my Junk! Poke fun if you like

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by white-rhyno, Apr 6, 2004.

1. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

Just what i have been up to lately.
    Late me first state that im not a body man. So my methods may be crude. Figure if i dont like it i could always get a new front clip

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Personall Favorite.
    [​IMG]

This is what it looked like ONE year ago
    [​IMG]

2. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

dude i LOVE the tie down /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif.......haha....looks good man /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Nice job man! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

How long did you search and how much did you spend for the straightest truck for a donor?

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Looks like it would work great though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I see you been hard at work on the other fender /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif!
    Kool! Add some light now! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    Bill

6. white-rhyno

[ QUOTE ]
    How long did you search and how much did you spend for the straightest truck for a donor?

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Looks like it would work great though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My donor cab was alot. I searched for about a month. Thanks for reminding me..... SOmetimes i miss how straight it was. But I have had tons of fun with it. Dont really care what it looks like any more. Its only sheet metal.

7. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

thank you for f@wking your truck up!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    now jenny cant say " well, brads truck was pretty, why not ours" /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

8. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Looks great! Except for the minor door ding. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. kennyw

[ QUOTE ]
    My donor cab was alot. I searched for about a month. Thanks for reminding me

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is strange how long and hard people will look for the perfect body parts just to beat them in the woods/rocks /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think it is strange how long and hard people will look for the perfect body parts just to beat them in the woods/rocks /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Its the thought that counts /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think it is strange how long and hard people will look for the perfect body parts just to beat them in the woods/rocks

[/ QUOTE ]

I always start out with not-so-perfect parts, and nothing worse ever happens to them. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Looks like fun though. Where exactly do you go to get all the body damage done? Is it all trees and rocks? I didn't think the Ellensburg area had a whole lot of either.

12. white-rhyno

[ QUOTE ]

Looks like fun though. Where exactly do you go to get all the body damage done? Is it all trees and rocks? I didn't think the Ellensburg area had a whole lot of either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im like 25 minutes away from the shoestring entrance. It gets real tight up there. That takes me to the funny rocks and moon rock. Also plenty of trees around here. Plus I can drop all the way into naches. There is a ton of wheeling around here. Just got to know where it is.

13. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

How long is the shoestring trail? (or how many variations of trails are there).

A friend of mine wants to get over that way to go wheeling. I suppose I need to throw together a trail-only rig so I can go too without too much worry of dents.

14. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Im with Brad... dents just add character. I am not sure about the front fenders, but I love the truck.

15. kennyw

[ QUOTE ]
    Im with Brad... dents just add character. I am not sure about the front fenders, but I love the truck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, dents add caracter but you could have started with a cheap donor that already had some caracter in the first place /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif That is what I am doing for a dedicated trail rig /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif What ever parts I can find for cheap/free (so far frame, cab, wheels and bed...) Now the hard part, finding a cheap or free D60/D70 combo /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

16. leadfoot067

ya my blazer was pretty strait when i got it 7 years ago /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

17. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

it is better to start w/ something straight, then add your own character. If it is already beat up when you start, then you are starting w/ somebody elses "unfinished" project...

18. white-rhyno

[ QUOTE ]
    it is better to start w/ something straight, then add your own character. If it is already beat up when you start, then you are starting w/ somebody elses "unfinished" project...

[/ QUOTE ]

couldnt have said it better myself.

The shoestring trial/funny rocks would keep you busy for a day or two. Trying to hit it with the right amount of snow/mud is the best.

19. leadfoot067

i recently decided im not changing my fenders and doors anymore /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif....so it will all be bent before too long....lol

20. kennyw

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't understand that, but then again I'm cheap... Its your truck and your money so have fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif