Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Recently finished 1Ton K5 in SC

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by SCJimmy, Jul 22, 2004.

1. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

1989 Jimmy, One ton

[​IMG]

Selling my big truck, had to purchase another vehicle to use as transportation to care for family. Can't have them both.
    Also, I have other parts to get out of the garage.
    PM or Email me with questions or for pictures/offers please...

The truck:
    1989 GMC Jimmy (Full Size)
    5.7 TBI, 700R4, 241C

4" Tuff country spring lift (F&R)

New carpet, custom head liner, Coverlay dash, diamond plate trim, custom front seats with center console/3rd seat,

New paint (Base Clear Metallic Blue) Removable hardtop was sanded and painted to match the body.

5- brand new 16x10 8 lug Rockcrawler rims with 5 brand new 318/75R-16 Goodyear MTR's (4+spare)

All new seals, and gaskets on the top, doors and windows.

D60/14BFF, 4.56 gears. 14bff has a detroit locker and has been shaved. Both axles were rebuit completely, including all seals, brake parts, hubs, and new Timken bearings. Kingpins were completely rebuilt, and the f/r diffs were torn down and re-assembled with all new bearings and seals. Patterns were checked and verified (I have pictures) The front axle u-joints were replaced with new Spicer HD units, and Warn Premium hubs.
    ProComp stainless braided brake lines.

Off Road Design Crossover Steering

Rockstomper 1.5" sleeved Rockrod

West Texas Offroad Hydro assist steering, 1.5" ram.

700r4 professionally rebuilt by PO.

241c transfer case was completely rebuit with a JB Conversions rebuild kit, SYE/Short Shaft Kit, and HD chain setup

New High Angle Driveline 1 Ton CV shafts front and rear, with 1 Ton yokes on the f/rear diffs.

High Angle Driveline driveline mounted Ebrake, tied into the factory ebrake pedal.

Alpine Comp series head unit with 12 disc remote changer, Q-logic kick panel pods with JL audio components, Blaupunkt 6x9's in the rear in boxes, JL audio dual sealed 12" sub box. Fultron 4 channel on the mains, Alpine class D on the subs. JVC Eq hidden in the center console.

All new turn signal, side marker, and taillight lenses and lamps. Diamond plate rear tailgate trim.

True Dual Flowmaster exhaust.

I have a set of 3" square tube rock sliders I fabricated, but have not installed, that will go with the truck as well, unless they sell first.

The truck has not been driven much, other than one wheeling trip locally, and a few trips around town. A few dings in the paint, but she still looks really good.

Asking $8900 or BRO. Yeah, I know the book on an '89 is not that high, but when you consider the $1500 in new tires and wheels, $2,400+ in the rebuilt axles, $1,200 in drive shafts and Ebrake, $400 in the transfer case, $900 in crossover steering and hyroassist, plus another $2000+ in interior, paint and stereo, that's not even the cost of the parts and material alone! (I have reciepts for all)

Not going to part it out, it has to sell complete.

I know folks on here will laugh at the price, but this is a rust free, recently finished rig, with new paint, tires, wheels and parts, that hasn't been wheeled or ragged. PM for more info, pics, or reasonable offers, it needs to go.

Also for sale:

1989 30 spline 10 bolt front, complete, new balljoints, rotors, tierod and ends, draglink, 4" lifted steering arm, and warn premium hubs. Needs rotors turned (rusty) and new calipers (pads are like new, but the calipers may have some rust in the piston, they were stored outside for awhile)- $190 or BRO

Bully truck steps, $15 + ride

(4) Pacer Magnum 15x10 six lug aluminum wheels. good shape, with centers, lugs, locks, and caps. will fit Chevy, GMC, and Toyotas. $300, or BRO +ride

Pair of 10" 3-way MTX Blue Thunder truck boxes. Old but working good, $30 or BRO +ride

Other stuff I'll post later...

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My Buddy (w0lf here) is looking for exactly this truck. Nice buildout! Will you meet us in Oklahoma??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

What do you think of the ram-assist steering on the street? My next upgrade /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I can say nothing but good things about Matt and West Texas Offroad. I like the steering on-road, but it is very sensative. I'm thinking about pulling the ram, and installing a stabilizer to sell the truck. Locals looking at it won't understand the hydro assist, and will probably not like the "feel" of it.

OK is a little far to meet, wish ya were closer! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

4. 2Dogs

C'mon!! I'm talking on the phone with w0lf right now, trying to get his sissy butt talked into a road trip!!

5. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. 2Dogs

OK, I get dibs on the ram if you part that out. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

BTW - your buildout is almost identical to mine. Wish I had the 4.56s instead of 4.10s. About the only other differnce is I have the ARB in front. Since you have the driveline e-brake I am assuming you have rear disks also. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

OH MAN THATS WAY TOO NICE!! man if i was able i would take out a loan and fly out there to get that thing! what a bummer oh well. Its inspiration to get my truck looking and going good. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

8. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    My Buddy (w0lf here) is looking for exactly this truck. Nice buildout! Will you meet us in Oklahoma??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd get it to Oklahoma for a grand.