Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Reception power ?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Dunc03, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

Is there anyways to legitametly increase your reception power on your radio? I've seen the power booster, but do those really work? I need something because where I live lacks a good rock station and the closest one is in Dallas about 100 miles away. Any ideas?

2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

ok the boosters do just that.. they boost the signal coming in from the ant.... only problem is that it will also boost any and all noise also... There is not anyway of boosting the signal strength for you to get decent reception expect maybe putting a 20 foot ant. on your truck...

My suggestion... Go get a new head unit with mp3 capabilties... Get a burner for you puter... Download a ton of music... Problem solved.. and its nice to be able to have over 300 songs on one cd...

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

The boosters suck. I tried one as well to get the eagle out of dallas. Took it off the next day. Worthless waste of money. Btw, which direction from Big D are you?

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Satilite radio