Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Recieved my bushings today and......

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by thatK30guy, Feb 25, 2004.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Got the HD shackle kit, front spring bushings, and rear spring bushings, all in greasable forms today and am very happy with them. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I've got one question now before I order another set of rear greasable bushings. Since I've got the 1 1/2" i.d. bushings now, I'm saving those for some 6" or 8" rear springs later and still need to order some 1 3/4" i.d. bushings for my 1 ton rear springs.
    What I want to know is if there is a 1 3/4" i.d. shackle to go along with the smaller 1 3/8" and 1 1/2" shackles? I've got a pair of 1 3/8" brand new shackles and know I can get the 1 1/2" shackles, but is there such a thing as the larger 1 3/4"? If so, whats the part number as when I went to order my new shackles, I told GM the year of the truck and they got me the smallest shackles. Must be the 70's that had the 1 1/2" shackles. Don't know.
    Anyways, is there such a thing as 1 3/4" shackles? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I've seen some reference to the 1.75 shackles but I don't think we've ever sold a shackle bushing kit for them. I think the 1.5's are probably about all you can get.