Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Recieved my Injectors and Pump back from a rebuild...

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by rugger03, Aug 20, 2003.

1. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Just got my injectors and pump back from Tim at accurate diesel, every thing Looks like new. Tim was very helpful and informative. I had my parts back in a week, I did use next day air both ways though. And the price was right right around 450 for what i had done. Just thought i would throw this out there if anyone needs to get injector parts rebuilt.
    Cheers, rugger

http://www.accuratediesel.com/

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Cool deal Erik...my junk will be going out soon too.

What spec's did you get the pump built to?

rene

3. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

It's a hybrid pump it puts out 70 cc's of fuel like the 4911. Cam and pistons are changed and he used a ford 7.3 rotor to bring up the fuel volume up. Tim said the pump flows just like a 4911 on the test stand and i can turn it up from there if i need to. He has built a few of them and has had no coplaints yet, if it works it will be better than buying a 4911 cost wise. I also went with the 2,500 PSI injectors. Once i get it up and running I'll be able to tell how the power is, except i really have nothing to base a performance increase on since i have done so many upgrades since i took the truck out of service.

4. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Sounds like he does things right if hes changing the cam ring and plungers. I guess those parts arent as expensive as I thought if you can get away with a rebuild that cheap with those parts included.

[ QUOTE ]
    I also went with the 25,000 PSI injectors.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Its gonna take a hell of a lot more than a DB2 to pop these injectors off. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I think maybe you meant 2500 psi.

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

So how would the pump you got built and the injectors you got do on a relatively stock 6.2. All I've done is the intake so far and plan on opening up the snorkle size on the air cleaner. Exhaust will eventually be 3" or larger single...

Too much pump or??? I'm about to send Tim my junk but I really don't know enough to choose the best 'build'. I'd like it to run decently now and support some future mods which may include a turbo down the road.

Rene

6. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

If you are running a non-turbo setup then don't have the pump built to '4911 specs. Even 6.5TD injectors will flow too much fuel for a N/A 6.2. While waiting for some new injectors I had to get the truck to the body shop and installed 4 6.5TD injectors on my 6.2, Smoked heavy out the bank with the TD injectors. My $.02 worth.