Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Recirculation vent motor tapping? HELP HELP

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by blzr4x4ngkid2, Sep 20, 2003.

1. blzr4x4ngkid2

blzr4x4ngkid2 Registered Member

It started "tapping" every time I turn on the air, and even when I don't have it on. I've narrowed it down to the "rec/max" vent on the passenger side floor board. Now the question is, has this happened to anyone else and what did you do? When I say tapping, it sounds like there's a little munchkin tapping on the dash with a screwdriver. I'm sure it's the teeth stripping out. Basically, the relay motor for the vent flap doesn't know when to stop turning and that's causing the tapping. HELP!! I want to fix it myself, but if I can't then I need to get it to the shop.

2. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

i HAVE the same problem, if you stick your fingers in there and hold it up a little youll notice that it pushes real hard, i have no fricken idea why they made it push so hard, and it only stops pushing after some time.
    the way i "fixed" mine is i stuck a nut inder it, or between the cross hatch and the flap door, basically stops it before it gets down to the stripped teeth. true it doesn't seal up anymore but hey, just can't use rec or the nut falls out, but could glue it on, or dock tape it on /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif