Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

recomendations on jack's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Nov 27, 2002.

recomendations on jack\'s

im getting my father a nice floor jack for the holidays, he used to ahve 4 ton crafstman, but it stopped working, so, i want to get him another 4-5 ton jack with atleast 24" of lift.
    i was looking at sears, but their way too much money, i dont wantt to spend more than 400-450.

im also getting these nice jackstands
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=34924
    thanx.

1. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: recomendations on jack\'s

UUUHHHH....If its a Chraftsman and it stopped working, take it back. A lot of times they wont warranty bigger things like that but the should give you money off a new one.

2. Re: recomendations on jack\'s

it was craftsman, but its about 20-25 yrs old, i took it in for warrantee, they said no, and other places said its not worth rebuilding it.
    n e recomendations?

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> My Dad has this one, it's real nice. $400 is alot of money for a jack IMHO, my $100 one works great. </font color>

4. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Check your local pawn shops. My wife is the Manager of a pawn shop. I get some seriously smoking deals on stuff. You would be surprised at some of the quality stuff that people pawn. 99% of my tools have been purchased at her pawn shop. (Of course I get it at 50% off, which helps.)

Never pay "sticker price" at a pawn shop. Most stores will take 20-30% less than the marked price.