Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Recomended tire size with 21/2 lift

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Cavalry, Aug 26, 2001.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I plan on lifting my K5 soon with a 21/2 flip and TC springs. What is the largest tire I can run without severe fender trimming. I know 33's will fit comfortably. Please use actual tire height(not advertised height) if possible Thanks

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I would run 33" Super Swampers. They seem to be very close toactual tire height. My 35's are a little over 34 1/2 so A true 33 would look and work good on it.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

What kind of offroading do you do? Depends on flex too. My 33's will rub on my 4" lift with the amount of flex right now and I ain't thru yet [​IMG].

It's been lovely, but I have to scream now.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/>http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/</a>

4. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    This truck is mainly my street beater but its no pavement queen. It needs to be capible on the street as much as offroad with out too much sacrifice of either. It will not be seeing severe wheelin' (hence the little lift and 33's) So pretty much I want the biggest meats without excessive rubbing.

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I would recommend a set of 33x12.50 mud terrains or MTR's. I'd consider the 33 x 9.50 BFG all terrain also. I wore a set of them out and was pretty happy with them in most situations. I did carry tire chains with them, just in case it got too muddy and snowy. And they look a little goofy since they're a pretty skinny tire in a big fenderwell, but they work.
    You'll still have to do some trimming with about any 33, depending on how you use it, but overall, it should work well. You'll want to stay with an 8" wheel, or use the stock wheel, the wider you go, the worse off you are for clearance.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>