Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Recommend a steering stabilizer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NewK5Guy, Mar 20, 2001.

1. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

The post below about whether or not you can use a normal shock for a stabilizer I found interesting. Now I won't make that mistake. So, being the NewK5Guy I am, recommend me a good, budget priced steering stabilizer. My current stock tie rod is bend and will soon be replaced with a Rockrod with new tie rod ends. Highway ride is fine now even with the piece of trash stabilizer that's on there now so I have no need(or funds) to up to a dual setup.

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I wasn't too happy about spending 80 bucks for a name brand stabilizer and having to install the straps and what not. I went to a partshouse and bought a plain jane stock stabilizer for 30 bucks and it works like a million bucks.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Pro Comp. I was pretty happy with it on my old blazer and am planning to put one on the one I have now. I had a dual stabilizer. It was a little bit of overkill for 31's, but I am planning to put bigger tires on this one so I'm gonna go with a dual stabilizer on this one.

[​IMG]

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

4. 87K54WD

87K54WD 1/2 ton status

I put on the single Moog brand. It cost me about $35 at O'Reilly's. I think it has a lifetime warranty. It works great to me.