Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Recycling

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by 3 on the tree, Apr 12, 2007.

1. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Over a year ago, I found this compressor at the dump, with a broken rod. This week, I finally got around to doing something with it. For 15 bucks, and a little time, I now have a portable 20 gallon/150psi air tank to take along on trail runs.:D

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

2. johnnychimpo

johnnychimpo 1/2 ton status

Good idea! I find it hard sometimes to throw things away. I have a habit of needing it later. (my def. of "need" is much different than my wifes)

3. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Sweet deal looks nice. I am trying to find an old SCBA bottle to do that with. Those bottles can hold up to 4500 psi.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yea but how much volume would that have? I mean, could you even fill a tire with one tank? really don't know how mucha ir they hold. Also have to have a way to put 4500 psi in there, not going to happen with your standard shop compressor.

5. johnnychimpo

johnnychimpo 1/2 ton status

I've got 3 that I cant bring myself to throw away.

6. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

The average person would not be able to fill it to capacity with an air compressor. If you have access to a filling station at work maybee you would have an unlimited supply.;)

We have used them to run several air tools such as air chisels, cut off saw, air impacts and such. They actually hold a good volume of air. The hard part is finding them. I could get one from the department but that would be jeopardizing my career and it's not worth it.