Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RED CREW CAB CREATION IN DENVER

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by B_to_C, Dec 11, 2003.

1. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

So anyone on here own a 4 door red-ish crew cab with a chopped off rear and what looks like a future place for a blazer top? Kind of like that guy who did his suburban with the removable blazer hard top in the rear. Hmmmm come to think of it maybe i'm wrong maybe it is a 'burb. Anyways, truck looks with cut sheetmetal everywhere, high lift, spare mounted pre-runner style behind the second row bench seat. What's the point of all this you may ask? Well...

My job consists of going door-to-door asking people if they want "free no obligation estimates on windows and siding (that means i can walk right past those NO SOLICITING signs /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif) anyways besides meeting some real a-holes and really friendly great people i also see some sweet rigs and usually talk to the owners about them (if they don't slam the door in my face once they see the clipboard /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif ) So i saw the rig mentioned above last night in Denver, but no one was home....

It has recently snowed here and so he had a nice canvass of fresh snow in his front yard. so what do i do? i stomp out "CK5" right across his front yard! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif How's that for advertising steve?

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bnc04

bnc04 Guest

And here I thought that you people that ignored my polite request to not be inturrupted by solicitors were just illeterate. Yet another loophole to be exploited. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. B_to_C

[ QUOTE ]
    solicitors were just illeterate.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    besides meeting some real a-holes

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Hey, just trying to make a living, I get threatened nightly, i've even had a gun pulled on me. (A no soliciting sign incident) anyways is it really that hard to say "No thanks, have a great evening" THEN slam the door ??? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Anyone that bothers to ring my door bell to sell me something, in spite of the No Soliciting sign, gets to go through their ENTIRE sales pitch before I tell them that I'd never buy anything from someone that can't read. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif If I want new windows, magazines, the worlds greatest cleaning product, etc. I'll look in the Yellow Pages. No one needs to come to my house and interrupt what I'm doing, in a useless attempt to get me to buy their product. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Before adding my number to the Colorado and Federal "Do Not Call" lists, I used to mess with phone solicitors as well. I'd let them get part way through their speech and then say something like "Hold on for a minute, someone is at my front door", and just put the phone down and let them hang on for a while... Eventually they get the message and hang up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

OT HIJACK:

Ever listen to Howard Stern?
    There is a comedian that comes on every now and then that sells CD's of his conversations with phone solicitors, Jerky Boyz style. FUNNY CHIT /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I think his name is Jim Florentine

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

The only people I will exceptr ignoring my no soliciting signs is the mentaly challanged and the handicap.

You ring my bell and you were not one of the above before you rang I'll make damn sure your one of the above after I'm through breaking your legs and hitting you with the sidewalk on the head. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

btw if you ignore a No Solicit here in GA it's tresspassing and you can be placed under citizens arrest when the cops come after I call them. I don't care if you do have a soliciting permit you leaving in a squad car.

I don't know about the others but I will NEVER buy anything from a soliciter both door to door or on the phone.

I'd seek other work before you run accross an idiot like me. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. bnc04

bnc04 Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    is it really that hard to say "No thanks, have a great evening" THEN slam the door ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when my two dogs go apesh_t when the doorbell rings, I have to stop whatever I am doing, control them and put them in th ebasement before going to the door so they dont take a bite out of somebody who does not give a rats butt about another privacy or property and then I do politly tell them I am not interested. the first time that is, when they start thier flap lips again, I tell them to leave and close the door gently in their face.

Post your home fone number on here. I'll call you during my working hours and see how long you will put up with the interuptions.
    No problem with you making a living, just respect others wishes and property while doing so.

9. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

thats why i live in the country. nearly a mile to the next door. if you walk that you still gotta get past the dogs. they wont step foot on the rode but if you step in the yard????

but gotta respect aguy making a ling so when you got to the door id give you a glass of tea and then say no thanks. this is the south you know.

69k5

10. B_to_C

Wow, looks like i really touched a nerve here. But then again i'm used to that, somehow people can concentrate ALL of their own frustrations and anger onto a complete stranger. That stuff about breaking the persons legs and whatnot? Yea that's the exact sort of threats i receive each night...makes me feel real secure in mankind. The truth is it's about a 50/50 split between guys like you all who posted here and some genuinley understanding, and nice people.
    [ QUOTE ]
    Post your home fone number on here. I'll call you during my working hours and see how long you will put up with the interuptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick: 303-786-3149

I will say "no thanks" THEN hang up.
    I will NOT scream at you, or mess with you, or be a general a-hole.

11. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

hey we all gotta make a living some how I don't like being bugged bye solictors but I'd rather them do it face to face at a sane hour than the telemarketers that call at all hours but even they get a polite "I'm not interested" those people are just doing there job and i have respect for anyone that works for a living Even If I don't like the Buisness practices they use (okay I'm climing down from the soapbox )

12. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You ring my bell and you were not one of the above before you rang I'll make damn sure your one of the above after I'm through breaking your legs and hitting you with the sidewalk

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck are you, a moderator, doing saying things like this?

13. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Do you guys remember when door to door sales men were respected and a part of every day life. Telamarketers sure have put a bad taste in ppoeples mouth. I dont mind them ether if they call befor 6:00 and not on the weekend as long as they can take no thanks for an answer some of them just dont jive up no matter how made they get you. I wish you were here in NC I need some windows and vinal siding. and its like pulling teeth to get an estamit. It seems like all they want to deal with here is new construction.
    Earl

14. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a sweet rig!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

15. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

he is a member here but I can't remember his name. sitting on the carport, roof cut off, bed gone.. his quote was "I cut 43" off and I'm still longer then yours"

-Jeremy

16. B_to_C

YUP that's the one...still sittin' in the carport. Hope he got the message, and felt loved /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    But then again i'm used to that, somehow people can concentrate ALL of their own frustrations and anger onto a complete stranger.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Uh, perhaps it is because that "complete stranger" has just totally ignored the "No Soliciting" sign on the door and pissed off the homeowner by invading their personal space? No Soliciting means piss off, don't bug me, I'm not interested, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

If this is the turn that this thread is going to take, it should be moved to NON 4x4.

19. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    anyways is it really that hard to say "No thanks, have a great evening"

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the point of a "NO SOLICITING" sign. It is the homeowner saying "No thanks, have a great evening". I dont see anything wrong with door to door salesmen as long as they are respectful and lawfully obey no treaspassing/no soliciting signs.

Lucky for me I dont get too many door to door salesmen at my camper door or telemarketers on my cell phone /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. B_to_C

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Ok, i'm just gonna have to make a couple points here, just because i have the time. As far as my PARTICULAR situaiton is concerned; i am not soliciting or pedling, or in any way trying to SELL people something. as far as my situation is concerned i am simply ASKING people if they are interested in a FREE no obligation ESTIMATE on windows and siding. It is true that when we give the estimate we are trying to sell you our windows and siding, but as far as the person who comes ringing your doorbell..i.e. me is concerned there is no selling involved.
    [ QUOTE ]
    It is the homeowner saying "No thanks, have a great evening".

[/ QUOTE ]

That statement i disagree with. the reason i still continue to go up to house with "NO soliciting" signs on them is becuase i have gotten several leads from such houses. If the person is willing to hear my 30 second shpeal then they understand...OH he's NOT trying to sell me something, and i usually can set up an appointment. it is the people who see the clipboard and immediatley become enraged (i'm not overstating this people litterally become ENRAGED just at the site a a clipboard! who threaten all sorts of physical violence, throw out all aorts of verbal abuse, and on some occasions call the police. i personally find this amusing and that's why i continue each night watching these funny pre-judgemental people throw hissy-fits about something they've misunderstood /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif