Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Red Herculiner

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Toad, Apr 8, 2001.

1. Toad

Toad 1/2 ton status

I saw red Herculiner on the Herculiner web site. I can't seem to find it locally. Does anyone have a close up picture of this. I am wondering what color it is. The website only showed a small color swatch. Anyone have a close up picture of the black? I'd like to see the texture also.

My dillema is that I can't see paying $2500 for a paint job when it will get scratched as soon as it gets home. I like nice looking trucks so I don't want a rattle can job. I've thought about a lining product but I haven't seen a lining paint job in person. I've gotten quotes of $1500-2000 for the lining.

I was thinking I could roll on Herculiner but I don't want black. It gets too hot in the sun. The other reason I was thinking bed liner was because they throw down masive amounts of salt here. My truck had no rust after 23yrs in AZ and after one winter in UT it has a ton of surface rust.

I'm still a little hesitant on the Herculiner for a paint job. Has anyone besides BigMeats done this? What do you think?

Thanks

2. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Toad
    MY truck in not herculinered. It is Ultimate lined(same as Rhino) Go back and talk to the shops that quoted you 1500 bucks and ask them how much if you do all the prep work! thats what i did and it only cost me $450!! You would have a hard time matching the thickness of my liner with a roll on product. It would prob take 4 to 5 coats of a roll on to come close! Those prices seem kind of high to begin with when i was looking i was getting quots for right around a $1000 with them doing all the work! You can also get any color you want with the spray on liners, i chose just the standard blue. Any other questions just shoot.

Bigmeats

[​IMG]