Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Red screen of death....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Mar 23, 2003.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Ok, so Win98 has the blue screen of death, I got the red screen of death.... I was watching tv (cable), and then my screen turned red. It says on it in white letters "Be sure the input cable is connected to set-top terminal"..... wtf does that mean? I have undid all the cables and reattached them many many times and nothing. Same message is there on the screen when I turn the tv on. I tried to call the cable company and got nowhere except put on hold forever because it's Sunday. So anyone know what the deal is here? This is really weird....

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Re-Boot your house /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Sorry, I have nothing to contribute here!

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

sounds like your settop lost signal from the cable company. could be one of several problems, more likely then not stemming from a problem at the cable company, the local splitter, or the box out front/back. if you can't get through, I'm willing to bet its a widespread problem with several other people... a lot of the better companies will put a message up with the hold music that explains what the problem is, and that they're working on it. hopefully they either do this for you too, or you get through soon.

Good luck,

-Rich

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Re-Boot your house

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

It was the box. I had another box from when I lived with my mom in the garage. I swapped it out and it works now. Only thing is this box sucks and has no remote.... at least until I call the cable company tomorrow it works....

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

what kind of house do you run? does it have windows? windows sucks.... mac rules... get a house with out windows and you won't have that problem