Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Red Wing Boots...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 89GMCSuburban, Feb 13, 2007.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

ARE FARKIN EXPENSIVE!!! $259 out the door...

[​IMG]

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

sure are... coastal boot company makes some really great boots, for a fraction of the price...

redwings are apparently the shazzle though, never wanted or needed work boots like that though...

3. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Yea the price will kill you and so will your feet. I'll never buy another pair. I go with Timberland from now on. (I'm on concrete 12 hrs a day/6 days a week)

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i have a store in area sells seconds of them. i get 189-200 doller shoe/boots for 89.99 out the door with tax. i cant ever find the flaws for blem issue on them.

5. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

I have that exact boot, but I most certinly did not pay that much...I have really crappy feet (heel spurs, plantar faciatis, ongoing and never ending tendonidis..I am weak) and these are the first pair of boots I can wear for any length of period without hobbling...so for me, totally worth the money...

6. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My Timlins' I got through work suck...uncomfortable

7. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have Iron age that have worn like iron, and comfortable once the leather softens up some.
    Dr. Martens sucked, Hytest sucks, Carolinas were OK, and Red wings were about the best that the truck at work carries.

8. 89GMCSuburban

I had Docs, lasted two years before splitting in half...literally. These boots are WAY superior to those. I admit, my feet were sore today for the first time in a long time, but I imagine that's what you get for taking them out of the box and getting them on the floor in the same day...:doah: They loosened up a lot by the end of the day, so I imagine they'll be better tomorrow.

9. Confedneck79K30

it may take a week or two to get them broken in..

10. Confedneck79K30

dont know if it works the same, im sure it would, we always used shaving cream to loosen up new baseball gloves...

11. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I love my RedWings.. Expensive, but worth it IMHO. I've had the same pair for 6 years and cant wear them out. And very comfortable to boot! (pun intended) :D

John

12. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I got a pair of 2414's (or it might be 2412, they are uninsulated), had em for about 4 years, I need to send em off to be resoled. They are expensive, but comfort is unbelievable. Wear em everydamnday, all day feet never get sore.

I just bought a pair of Carolina logger insulated steel toes to wear while my RW's are gettin resoled, and also for general winter wear since my feet get cold sometimes. They are pretty comfortable, not quite up there w/ the RW's but they also cost over $100 less. They were $130 bucks.

13. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

A good way to break in boots is to stand in the bathtub til you can start feeling the wet on the inside. Then wear them until they dry. My shop teacher in high school told me about it. I usually do it when I get a new pair of pull-ons, which is all I wear. I've tried a lot of brands, but Red Wings are my favorite, and generally last the longest.

14. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I wear a pair of Carhartt boots. I was told by the guy in the store they are made by Red Wing. They are very nice and comfortable; not as expensive as Red Wings.

Just checked and it's true. Scroll down a little and see: http://www.nationjob.com/company/rwsh

15. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Redwings or "DEADWINGS" as we reffered to them. I have two pairs of custom Whites. They are soo comfortable but the whole "custom fit" made them very expensive. I believe mine were $390 for 12" high. The nice thing is I can send them back to Whites and they will rebuild them for me.

16. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I as many know am a boot snob & will ONLY buy Redwings now. I have 4 pairs. I had my first pair for 3-4 years before I wore them out. I wore them 6-7 days a week for everything from work to wheeling to hunting. I retired that pair and bought a few more pairs over the last few years. They are all pull-ons. 1 pair is insulated & I use them for real work, cold weather, & muddy jobsites. The other 2 pairs are for lighter work & general wear. I love my Redwings and won't buy any others. The customer service at the Redwing stores is a big selling point for me as well as the boots being great.

The Carhartt boots are probably upgraded boots out of the Worx line of Redwings. They probably fall in between the 2 levels of boots. Redwings are the top line & worx are there cheaper made in China line.

My Pull-ons havn't cost $260 though. The most I have paid was $220 for my insulated steeltoes.

Harley

17. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

yeah I got mine at an outlet in Houston for around $140 before tax, cant remember exactly, but I have had them for a few years now and they will look and feel great, they are the pull on pecos style workboots, and the soles still look brand new after working construction for a few years now. I will definitely buy another pair if these ever wear out. Oh yeah and they are also some kind of polymer or kevlar in the tow(had my foot run over on a few occasions and nothin happened, with exception of me pinching a hole in my pants), and the oil slick resistant soles.

Remington

18. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Unless you drop a piece of plexiglass on the steel toe and split it open. :doah: :D

I paid just under $200 for my pull on, insulated steel toes that I've had for about five years and love them. I don't wear them all the time anymore, but they held up well when they were my dailys. The soles aren't the greatest, but I'm not sure how many boots would hold up to molten slag on the floor. :haha: The only problem is that the steel toe was a little too narrow from the beginning, and I think that my feet have gotten wider since I got them.

19. 89GMCSuburban

:eek1: And I'M complaining:haha: :doah:

20. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

Justin Work Boots...$120...been wearing them for almost 10 years, most comfortable thing ever on my feet. My only pair of sneakers I have had since 96, hardly ever wear them.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007