Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Redding Ca???

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Jeremy_C, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Anybody here live in or close to Redding?? I've got a guy on ebay who i think has burnt my ass. Its been almost 2 1/2 weeks and no package. His name is Jessee Smedley, he lives on firewood drive. Anybody familer with this person?? If so, remind him to ship my flowmasters. Politly or Not...dont matter to me /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Thanks guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

533 miles north of me.. sorry bud... i got ripped off for 500 bucks on e-bay before... i know your pain

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Yup, as far as I know we don't have anyone close to Redding.

4. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

oh well......it was worth a shot. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

We have a few people in sac that might be able to help out...

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Anybody here live in or close to Redding?? I've got a guy on ebay who i think has burnt my ass. Its been almost 2 1/2 weeks and no package. His name is Jessee Smedley, he lives on firewood drive. Anybody familer with this person?? If so, remind him to ship my flowmasters. Politly or Not...dont matter to me /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Thanks guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

2 1/2 weeks isn't enough time. Granted he should have got paid and mailed it and you should have gotten it by now, but it doesn't always work like that. I say wait a month. Yeah I know, it sucks, but you can't act so quickly. It's like 3 hours north of here... but I wouldn't mind driving up there and paying him a visit. It would give me an excuse to go see my friend up that way.

BTW do a search for his phone number. You got an addy, you can get a number. Calling him would be a great wake up call and probably motivate him to ship PDQ...

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

If you still dont get a tracking number or any other kind of confirmation that they have shipped, you might want to see if anyone in the PNW forum is close...

I believe that selling things on e-bay, accepting money and not delivering borders on mail fraud as well as breaks a few other laws, not to mention whatever local laws it breaks from the sellers origin... just a thought.

-Ryan

8. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am up there all the time. Next trip might be as soon as this weekend.

The time might not be long enough. If I go visit him it needs to be a righteous visit (sayeth the Lord /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

9. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

He finally emailed me back, he said he had a family emergency an forgot all bout shipping.

Why is it that, most everbody that sells on ebay has a family emergency right after you send them the money. lol

I told him he had till may 10th and i was pressing charges. Thats exactly a month. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

10. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I know a local police officer in Redding, CA /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Give it a month and if nothing is at your door or no tracking # by then I can probably convince my friend to stop by and pick up the item in person (and in uniform).

11. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Hey Kenny, I appreciate that. It may help that i'm a deputy here in Scott County. That may make him easier to convince. I'll keep that in mind, he has till may 10th to ship. If he dont i'll let ya know. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

A couple of his other buyers are having trouble also, one is keeping in touch with me. He recieved one part to his shipment, but not the other part. So he's kind of in the same boat I am.