Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rediculous noise

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eightyone, Sep 14, 2005.

1. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

theres a rediculous noise coming from the front passenger side of my motor, it sounds like the fan is hitting the fan shoud, but its not. im thinking it is coming from the a/c compressor, or maybee the thing under that (not sure what it is) anyone have a clue.

2. Guss

Guss Registered Member

are you talking about the idler pulley

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Not sure if you have a serpentine setup of not, if not, you might be talking about the AIR pump, and if its a new one, Ive heard they make some noise till they break in.

4. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

sorry, i was in a rush before...its a 6.5l turbo diesel, the turbo and waterpump are brand new, and it is a serpinteen setup, it runs and drives fine, i havent noticed any diferences except the annoying noise, its like a grinding or sumthin...can anyone please help me!!

5. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

also check your harmonic balancer if your motor mounts are real bad the enging can sag enough to let it hit the engine crossmeber

6. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

i just ran out to check out the harmonic balancer, and i noticed that there is a hole in the thing under the a/c compressor (i think its a vaccum pump?) is that supposed to be there, its a prety clean looking hole...