Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Redline Gear Oil

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Who here has used Redline gear oil? I was just wondering how you have liked it, and which product you used.

I just picked up some Redline Heavy Shockproof gear oil to put in my 14bff. My frontend already has the same stuff in it, and it is supposed to be superb. (bought the frontend with the gear oil in it) DesertDueler sold me the frontend with 4.56's and a Lockright in it, and he said it really quited the lockright.

I will have to say, that this stuff is SUPER THICK!!!. It is rated at a 75W250, and poors about like honey after it has been in the refrigerator for awhile.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I run redline in the manual transmission of my Supra. I was having some problem with the #2 syncro being a little cranky . It shifts much better now. Hardly have have any problems.

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Running redline oil in everything. I have my ZX5 running sythetic ATF and 5W30 in it. The K5 engine is running the 10W40 . Diffs dont run the shock proof, I talked to the tech guys there and they decided that it isnt necessary for me to run it. I am just running 75W90 ...not that shock proof will harm anything or give less than expected results it will just hurt the pocket /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif . I can give you the number for Dave at redline if you need to talk to him on mon. ..... have to, get to my phone book at work.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I hear you on the whole hurt the pocket book thing. The Redline Heavy Shockproof gear oil ran me $8-9 a quart. I figured though that I paid alot for my 14bff with the gears, install kit, install, etc that the extra $ was worth it.

I don't think I will need the guy at Redlines number. I am just wondering what other people run, and what other people think. Thanks though. I am glad to hear that you are having good results with redline.

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

A buddy of mine recommended that I try using Redline's fuel additive to help eliminate a pinging issue I've been dealing with when I travel to lower altitudes. The product is a fuel system cleaner/octane booster and I've noticed a big difference so far. My overall performance seems to have increased and the dreaded mid-throttle ping has pretty well disappeared.