Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Redline - The Movie

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigbluesuburban, Apr 15, 2007.

1. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Went to see it today...

Ok so here is my Maltin Moment on this one.

If you have seen the previews you have seen the movie. Well at least you have seen the good stuff. This movie is like a train wreck, only with cars, so actually it is a car wreck. And although a car wreck, car chase, car race, car cruise, car hop, carpet, car anything is usually enough to make a movie good enough to sit through... well welcome to the exception.

It takes at least 30 minutes before a plot of any recognizable sort begins to develope, and when it finally does, there are no many holes and so much missing information that I had to take time to make up things so that I can keep the plot running. I suppose this does create an interesting twist. Because each and every person who sees this movie, might quite possibly walk away from it having seen a different movie that the very people they watched it with. Or they may be wheeled out in a body bag because their IQ was lower to such a defective level that their brain actually forgot how to keep them alive.

Now please understand, I don't need every movie I watch to be a Shawshank Redemption, or a Hitchcock thriller. But I do require that there be a balance. If the acting is going to suck, and the plot is going to blow.. then I need a proportionatly opposite amount of explosions, fight scenes, and car chases to make up for it.

Let me put it this way... There are just not enough car chases, explosions and fight scenes to make up for the mind numbing lack of plot and acting. And I don't just mean in this movie... I am not sure that even if I rented and watched Ronin, Gone in 60 Seconds (both of them), Bullitt, Smokey and the Bandit, Thunder Road, The French Connection, Fast and the Furious and the Road Warrior, in conjunction with this movie if there would be enough car chases, fights and crashes to make up for the lack of plot and acting.

If you go to see this movie, take a pillow and nap through the middle half of it. You won't miss anything worth seeing.

I wish I had waited for the DVD.

I would have walked out, but I just kept hoping that something cool would happen.

FYI - There is a really cool 64 PU that you get about 5 glances at. I wish I could have seen more of it.

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

The commercials haven't done anything for me. I'll pass........

3. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Looks almost like that movie Torque but with cars.

That was the most horrible movie EVER made.

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Funny you mention Torque. One of the guys at work and I were talking about Redline the other day and he said "You know, it really kind of reminds me of" and before he could finish the sentence, I interrupted with "Torque?"

"Yea, exactly."

:rotfl:

5. bigbluesuburban

Worse than Torque

Oh yes it is... it might be a tight race... but I think Redline is the worser of the two.

6. Col_Sanders

What in Redline could possibly be dumber than a couple idiots who cant act fighting with motorcycles?

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hahahaha, worser

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Rather have the run's for a week then have to watch that movie.

9. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

I can't believe somebody actually went to see that POS. :lol:

10. bigbluesuburban

Now that there is just mean...

Hey now... take it easy there good buddy... I just sacrificed brain cells and two hours of my life to warn the rest of the brotherhood about the dangers of being exposed to this movie. :D

Actually, I was HOPING... that is would be tolerable, you know, the kind of movie that is so jam packed with action that it makes up for the crap acting and lack of plot. Well, for further elaboration... see my first post.

RJ - I see you likes my grammarification.

11. Col_Sanders

Geez RJ, didnt you go to school? Grammar 101: worse, worser, worserest.:D

12. bigbluesuburban

I couldn't agree more... :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

13. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

After seeing Eddie Griffen wrech an Enzo, I knew that "redline" was going to be a really bad movie.

Who is that blonde haired kid in the movie, he doesn't look like he should be behind the wheel of an exotic car.

14. bigbluesuburban

Don't know anyones names... but if you are talking about a young guy wearing 80's flashback collars and a spikey hair thing going on... Why no, he shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel of a Yugo. In the movie he was the hot **** little brother who got in with the wrong crowd but could drive with mad skills. He was gay too (not really, but it just seemed like the right thing to say)