Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

redneck art and a question (pictures)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hans999999, Sep 14, 2005.

1. hans999999

hans999999 1/2 ton status

got bored and had to replace a valve cover gasket so got the chevy orange spraypaint out...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now the question... pretty sure iam leaking from this and i have an extra one to swap in (just cant find it right now) but has anyone else ever had any problems with it? i cant come up with the name but iam pretty sure its what divides up all the juice to the brakes. my fan is spraying brake fluid all over :doah:
    [​IMG]

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

That is a proportioning valve. If it is leaking I would replace it as you may be loosing brake power.

If you are running rear discs, I would pitch it in favor or an adjustable valve from Summit or Poly Performance for the rear brakes and then run the front lines at full power(no valve)...

3. hans999999

thats it, thanks for the advice

4. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

Well if the fan is spraying brake fluid then you can say good bye to your nice new paint. And don't bother going to a parts store to find the stock proportioning vale, they won't even know what it is half the time and they cannot get them. I tried once.

Actualy it looks like it might just be the fittings leaking. You could probaly just replace them and fix your leaks.

Also, do you ever change the filters on your relocation thing? If those are fram either you had a stock pile or they aint been changed for at leased 4 years or better.

5. hans999999

Its just spraying it around onto the frame and crossmember not blowing it back really. The filters arent even hooked up. I think the PO had a big cooler attatched too and took it out before he sold it.

yea it has to be the fittings i just gotta start wrenching

6. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nice. Living up to the redneck ways with the flexible exhaust pipe off the headers too? :laugh: I might be wrong but I could swear I see flex piping coming off the pass side header/collector...Gotta make due with what you got right? j/k

7. hans999999

thats a autozone 90º bend the flex collector is on the other side :D