Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Redneckin' it

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Citizen Rider, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

People say im not redneck them i got a ton of people that say i am. Ill let you decide-

Carrying 2 steel tubs, barrels of soda/beer cans, 3 barrel liners full of cans,barb wire, 2 lawn mowers, a torpedo looking pipe, and alot of other metal. I take this to a local metal place that buys Steel at 5 cents a pound and Aluminum at 35cents a pound. I NEED TIRES!

DSCF0453.JPG

DSCF0454.JPG

2. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

Im pretty sure you need new tires...

3. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

hahaha i did the exact same thing... went into my local woods and dragged out old cars/motors./rear end.. i came back w/ like 2000-3000lbs each time.. got around 100-120bucks for each run.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Same here...

I cashed in a lot of stuff I was going to keep,just to put gas in my tank...unfortunately I'm almost out of any stuff heavy enough to bother bringing to the scrapyard now..:( ..I scrapped a few things I probably should have kept,or sold instead too..but nobody here is buying much of anything,even desireable stuff..the money just isn't there,everyone is broke from heating oil prices,food prices, and gas prices..:mad: it only sells if you are practically giving it away for pennies on the dollar..

Many of our junkyards here now look like open pastures..they crushed anything more than 5-10 years old..a few places went out of bussiness completely...bet the owners made a bundle,but in the process they are screwing us out of tons of good useable parts..

We are going to be in a world of hurt if we ever need steel again,like in WW2...it will all be gone,sold to China..and they will probably use it to build missles,pointed back at US....:doah: ...

One junkyard here has a "torpedo" pipe like the one in your truck-- they took and painted like a scud missle,and put "U.S.A." on it,and mounted it upright ,near the road..they use it for a landmark to make it easy for customers to find the place that are not familiar with the area..:crazy: :bow:

5. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

doesnt sound like a bad idea

6. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Only if you were putting them in your yard.

7. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

in reply to stock k5

where about are you getting 5 cents a pound?:eek1: ive been dropping all my extra steel at a place down the road from me and am getting 80 dollars a ton for hevy steel hard to get that much and 40 for light steel. i bring in frames rotors etc and am making an average of 60-70 a ton. Nothing wrong with it though, your cleaning up the woods from all that junk, and making money!:D

8. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i think your grammar says it all. :rolleyes: just kidding. i didn't know any places did that. how'd you come across that? man, i could make a quick 20 cents that way!

9. sikZ28

sikZ28 1/2 ton status

you am a REDNECK....:D just kidding......

but that ain't a bad thing if you are....

I was called a "Hillbilly" (and a fw other words) by some paint sniffing Indians at 2:30 A.M. in Gallup New Mexico just because I wouldnt part with my cash.

They started towards me after our first verbal assault until I pulled out my
    3 1/2 foot chrome whinch bar. Then they decided that 6'4" "Hillbilly" might be a hard target!! :haha:

10. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i'm glad it was chrome. that way the light of fire in your eyes could reflect off of it and blind them. :D

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

"Yeehaw, Gus!!!!! We'z gunna be in da' money really soon now!!!!"

12. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

:haha: :haha: I can hear you now saying that!

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

exactly:haha: :haha: