Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Reese hitch w/ ORD flip

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by RLBstein, Apr 26, 2001.

1. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

Has anyone else had a problem installing a Reese type hitch with a shackle flip. It seems the new hardware covers the hole where my hitch once bolted to. I don't really want to drill a hole in my new shackle flip and add a spacer on the rear one to level it out. Does anyone have a solution besides not putting a hitch on.

85 Blazer on an 82 chassis, 6.2L Diesel, ORD flip, 35's with no cutting on a 4" lift.

2. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I have that type of hitch and had no problems with the install.

[​IMG]

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

had the same problem.....only thing i could think of was to notch the bottom part of the bracket to make room for the hitch...it worked great, but i havent put the bolts back through the hitch holes....the nuts for my hitch are the "rectangle" ones that dont need a wrench to tighten...they dont fit, so i need to get new hardware....i scratched my head for about an hour when this dillema popped up...

BTW dont laugh at my signature!!!!!

AIRBORNE!!

4. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

I had to laugh at your signature a little, I work on the c-130's you jump from.

85 Blazer on an 82 chassis, 6.2L Diesel, ORD flip, 35's with no cutting on a 4" lift.

5. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem with my shackle flip and hitch. I called ORD last year and asked if I could notch the bracket. They said it should be ok because the notch was just in the last 1/2 inch of the bracket and they have plenty of beef. I notched and installed the brackets and hitch about seven months ago and have had no problems with the shacle flip brackets or towing.