Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Refrigerator's

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Hossbaby50, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Refrigerator\'s

Anyone here know anything about them? Mine has been going out slowly over the past few weeks. It just keeps getting warmer and warmer even though I have is set on coldest. My cooling side is pretty much toast and my freezer still works somewhat.

It is a Montgomery Ward HMG 1900-0 side by side. Thanks

Harley

2. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Re: Refrigerator\'s

P.M. Pauly pauly383k10 he manages a parts house in Mesa. Got an old fridge from him and the replacement control, its been working good.

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

My buddy josh (guy with the bender) owned/worked at a repair shop for the last 10 years. I can probably get him over at my place sunday if you want to talk with him.

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone here know anything about them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pull the beer out of there immediately.../forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Get a cooler full of ice and "transplant" the beer in there carefully... SAVE THAT BREW!... If you got more than will fit in the ice chest - call me! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Marv

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Still have cool in freezer , then its a defrost problem, evaporator coil is iced up and no air can blow through it . If you want or need the parts , I sell at MY cost to you Harley . You should have my number still. Your is simple, the evaporator and defrost heaters and terminator thermostat are behind the inner freezer wall panel , the defrost timer is near the compressor behind it. All you need are 5/16 and 1/4 inch nutdrivers, screwdriver, and possibly crimpers and butt connectors if terminator has never been changed. I looked up your model number, Admiral ( part of Maytag ) made that model for Monkey Wards , all the parts are in stock. Basically 26 bucks plus tax /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. pauly383

Harley there is also a chance the fan motor died , if thats the case I have a spare freezer fan , and condenser fan at my store sitting in my own stack of stuff /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. Hossbaby50

The freezer isn't as cold as it should be but still around 32*F. The fan is still running but I don't know if it is runnning up to par.

How do I tell what parts it could be? Sould I unplug it and let it defrost overnight then plug it in and see if it works?

Marv, I already transplanted the beer. The beer is safe along with the Diet Coke. No need to worry about beer getting warm.

Harley

8. pauly383

You can leave it off for awhile, or use a hair dryer on the coils . If it runs great for awhile and goes bad again , it would definitely be a defrost problem . There are two fans, one is next to compressor, forgot to mention if that one goes bad the actual surface temperature between the doors , as well as on compressor goes sky high. When it is running good you should be able to have controls in middle and see below 20 in freezer and below 40 in fridge , best temps is 0-10 in freezer and just above freezing in fridge. Not to hard to fix. I am there if you need help . Just in case I will bring the parts home with me anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

b!tch to your lanlord its their fridge!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Hossbaby50

Paul, It is a defrost problem. I let it set for 5 hours and thaw out and it is working pretty good now. So what exactly is my problem and what parts do I need to fix it? How much are they? When can you get them? How hard is it to replace? etc. Thanks

Harley

11. pauly383

Parts are in my trailbox, took them home already, 26 bucks my cost, if your short you can just owe me a favor . I can come by tommorrow, maybe tonight , if I end up goint to Allens. It is easy to do . Recommended to just replace it all . The timer is near the compressor , the rest is behind the interior freezer back wall panel . Two heaters in series under and over evaporator, with a round thermostat in line with them ( the thermostat stops defrost if done before time runs out ). I get off at 4 pm, call me /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif