Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

reg cab speaker location

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by freeflow, Sep 12, 2006.

1. freeflow

freeflow 1/2 ton status

So where do all you guys with regular cab trucks mount up speakers?
    Im thinking about either in the stock rear 4x10 location or just right behind the seat in boxes. Im just looking to add a pair of 6x9's i have laying around. I plan on putting the speakers in this weekend along with all the cb stuff i just ordered:D so i will be posting up a bunch of new pics within the next few days.

2. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

i have 6x9's in the door, and a set of truck boxes behind the seat. I had to push the seat up just a tiny bit but it fits.

3. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

F.w.i.w

Well years ago (22 years) When I had a new C-20 I put two small ones in factory spots and two enclosed coaxial ones (5x5 I believe) behind the seat on the small flat edge pointing up. It sounded great just like you had them up by your ears.
    I then had to change trucks to a 78 Jimmy short bed 4x4 and just cut holes into the doors plastic and mounted a pair in there but didn't like the sound it wasn't a clean sound because of it being > _______ < instead of ^______^ .
    Reason I had to switch trucks was they were truck for my fathers construction company. He had a fleet of 5 C-20 and 4 K-20 plus several larger GM trucks. Hope that helps you.

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

swap your stock 4x10 brackets side for side, and they can be modified for use with 6x9 speakers in the stock location. if your truck was not so equipped, they're pretty much bolt in. also, if you truck wasnt equipped with speakers on either end of the dash (and just a 4x10 in the middle) you can get a set of stock 3.5" speaker brackets from the junkyard, and mount them up. all of the holes are already there.