Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

regiserting a rig as a 1-ton truck?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, Feb 6, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

just out of curiousity, if I have done a full 1-ton conversion on my rig, is there any way to register it as a 1-ton (k30 or whatever) rig? Mainly wondering with respect to insuring my rig, emissions rules, and the WA state bumper height (GVW) laws... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

speaking of which, has anyone here ever been pulled over for having a bumper too high? I have seen peeps pulled over for not having mud flaps... but not for bumpers. I dunno what my front bumper is at right now, but I *know* me rear bump is higher than 29" or whatever the limit is. lol! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I know you have the KMA in the front but what rear bumper you using??? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Just call the DMV and say you are looking at buying a k30 and ask the questions.LOL

-Jeremy

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

register the rig as stock.
    A K5 is a K5
    I can get ya some cool Q/D flaps

4. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

you wont get pulled over or ticketed for your bumper being too high, ive been pulled over like 4 times for mudflaps, 2 times in the last three weeks, i havent got a ticket yet, they have never said anything abuot my truck being too high, and they didnt say anyhting abuot fender flares............. How many jacked up superduties do you running around with bumpers that are higher then yours? a lot, The cops would be pulling people over all day long if they really cared abuot bumper heights.........

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Oregon doesn't have a bumper law anyways.....just headlight height, mudflaps and overall truck height.

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Never been pulled over for bumpers, but I have been for light hights. I think the headlights can't be over 56" or something there about. Ofcourse the mud flap thing too.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

there are rig laws for Or. and Wa. tacked to the top o' the fawkin page you knuckleheads..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

> A K5 is a K5
    > I can get ya some cool Q/D flaps

not trying to "look cool"... im trying to sneak around various emmissions and lift laws. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif someday i will swap in a chunk of a 70s frame and be emissions exempt... until then... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i was reading somewhere that you could get a k30 up to 1986 without a factory cat. Not sure what other emmision laws are different bcause of GVW etc... but it would be some nice leeway in any case.

j

9. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Do you know anyone who lives in a DEQ exempt area? relative, friend? My truck is registered in tillamook but i live in hillsboro. my friend hooked me up with that one, after my truck got impounded........