Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

REGISTERED AND READY TO GO

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by josephn, Sep 13, 2001.

1. josephn

josephn 1/2 ton status

I just took my 82 6.2L k5 in for safety and IM and it failed the first time on both safety and IM. Failed safety because of Right front and rear sidemarkers and turn signals.
    Passed opacity at 50 mph with only 18.2 but failed at W.O.T. with 38.3 and the standard being 35. I was rather bummed on the IM results however I was not going to let a few little things like BLACK SMOKE stop me. So I headed to the nearest parts store, grabbed the sidemarker and turn signal lights, a new air filter and some cheap diesel fuel conditioner (Pyroil I think is what it was called) anyway I throw everything in and run back to the County IM place (which is where i have to go to get diesel im run no one else does it here) praying that it will pass.
    As he starts the dyno I am thinking "Please, Please, Pass!". After it finished on the dyno and guy told me it passed, I was ecstatic (Border line bouncing off the walls).
    The results were at 50 mpg the opacity was 2.3, and at W.O.T. it was 4.2.
    This may seem like a silly story but after being with out my blazer for almost a year(which just by itself is vary painfull because I love it so freaking much) due to various problems and my wife allways telling me to stop spending money on it sell that piece of crap.
    I am just so freaking happy It is ready to go and that it is running strong had to share with all other diesel guys.
    DIESEL ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1982 6.2L Diesel K5 Blazer, TH700, 31 inch tires.
    Fire ALWAYS makes it better.

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Diesels are great allright

I'm on a roadtrip all across Norway to meet upp with some friend of mine for a weekend of wheeling and partying. Yesterday i drove for 13 hours without the engine being turned off once! I used the entire tank (120 litres) before having to stop for a refill the first time. I covered the northern part of Norway with mainly mountain roads, steep upphills and smal winding roads with plenty of oncomming trafick in a 7" lifted dieselblazer with 3.08 rear end and 35" mud terrains!!

I cruised 55 with 2000 revs on the engine. I love it[​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=red><a target="_blank" href=http://www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com>www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com</a></font color=red>

3. josephn

josephn 1/2 ton status

Sweet, that rocks.
    What do you think your mpg were?

4. Double_T

Double_T Registered Member

Are you tellin me that in Utah a guy has to have his Diesel pass an "emmissions" test? And a "safety" test? Will the latter test determine your accident ratio or something? THIS IS ASSENINE!! But I'm glad you're back on the road:)

5. josephn

josephn 1/2 ton status

YUP CAN YOU BELIEVE IT WHAT FREAKING PAIN IN THE REAR. THE COOL THING IS I ONLY HAVE MY PCV HOOKED UP, MY EPR AND EGR ARE DISCONNECTED AND IT STILL PASSED. TIME TO GET HD MANIFOLD, HEADS, AND LOOSE THE EFE VALVE.

6. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Colorado has diesel emissions also, dont know how hard they are to pass though the dealer did mine.

1984 GMC Jimmy 379 diesel, 700R4, 3.73s, 31x10.50 x 15

7. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

My truck passed, and it's pretty much all original under the hood with just under 200,000 miles on the clock. If this thing can pass, anything can.