Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Regrets?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tweetysuarus, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

With all the mods that I have done as well as others have done, would you do it differently if you had the chance? What would you have done differently?
    Bill

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Not a regret realy but as far as welding the spiders.. I wish that I had welded them solid instead of just the voids.
    I went looking for the source of all the clunking and general mayhem assosiated with turning a tight corner and after checking u-bolts and such I jacked up the rear wheels and there is way too much slop in the diff now.
    So now I am taking them out and going back to the one wheel peel for the time being.
    Other than that I have been pleased with the way my rig is progressing. A few irritants along the way but no biggie.

3. limey

limey 1/2 ton status

i would have put the rear springs up front bofore i spent the money on 4" tuff country springs

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i would've started sooner! but no, i had to get stuck in 2wd land... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Only real regret was bashing the dash sheetmetal to shove a stereo in when I first got it. Ahhh impatience....

Oh well it's gonna be a switch panel soon anyway

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Just wish I had realized a Burb was a better choice for my lifestyle (kids, kids friends, dog, etc) and done some of the mods to the Burb instead of the K5 (TPI motor, D60 only). No real regrets tho........... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Buying exspensive aluminum wheels only to upgrade to 8 lug steelies and not getting much for those blingy wheels. Oh yeah and ever replacing the carpet with carpet /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif What was I thinking.

8. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

No regrets other than finding www.coloradok5.com I am addicted. I sold my 1959 vw bus to fund the jones, and it keeps getting worse. my wife thinks I am a freak. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif always on www.colradok5.com /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifand drooling over the next "upgrade". /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif but I will miss the Ol' Beast in Kuwat for the next year or so, /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but I ordered a laptop to keep in touch with the K5 friends. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Not yet......... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I wish I would have bought an 8" BDS kit and zero rates from the beginning instead of my procomp lift and body lift.

I wish I would have held out for a set of 3/4 or 1 ton 4.56 axles.

I wish I would have went vortec heads and the 4" stroker kit for my 406 which would have been a 434ci motor.

I wish I would have bought my current stereo setup the first time instead of doing it twice.

Other crap I can't think of right now. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

1. Ever putting body lift on when it wasn't required
    2. Not going hydro clutch sooner
    3. Not installing a 14 FF years ago and using the SF I got for free, although this cost me no money so I suppose there's no real regret there
    4. Spending money on RS 5000s 3 years ago when I could have got lifetime warranty gabs from Autozone
    5. Not locking my rig sooner
    6. Buying radial tires
    7. Spending $300 for a carb when swapping to TBI is costing me about the same three years later
    8. Not finding CK5 sooner where I could have got tons of help on my 3/4 ton swap I did in 2000 that I had no idea if it would work out or not.

12. FWP

FWP CRS

No regrets. Yep, I made some mistakes, but if I didn't, what would I have learned?? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif