Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

regroovable tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Redneck33, Feb 9, 2003.

1. K5Redneck33

K5Redneck33 Registered Member

is it possible to re-groove 15-38-15 hawg radials? i got a set of used ones and there low on treads /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif <font color="red"> </font color>

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Do you mean re-tread?
    There are companies out there that specializing in re-treading tires. They usually do tractor trailer tires, but I've seen a mud tire pattern before. There used to be an add in the older 4x4 mags that was for a re-treading company. I forgot the name, but a search on google may find them. I don't know if they will do a tire that size. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Also, you won't get the Ground Hawg pattern you want...they use whatever they have. And, if I remember correctly, the price for a re-treaded tire didn't jump out at me as being a good deal...but it's worth looking into for a 38.

3. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

I don't think there is enough rubber before the cords to regroove like you're thinking. Now, I had a set of Buckshot Mudders that had wear bars that connected the center lugs at 1/2 tread and created a zig-zag pattern. I always thought about cutting those out to open up the pattern again.

Brett /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif