Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

regular pickup tailight assemblies on a k5?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sikZ28, May 14, 2005.

1. sikZ28

sikZ28 1/2 ton status

hey all, this is the best site for answers to questions and just to really find tons of information and all the members seem eager to help with questions and ideas. :bow: i belong to another group that is set up much like the ck5 website, but getting them to answer questions about my z28 is like pulling teeth sometimes. :confused:
    any who...here is my question. my taillight assemblies dont seem to fit like they should on my k5 and i was just wondering if they might be regular pickup taillight assemblies. by the way i have a 76 k5. :k5:

2. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

opps I just noticed I miss read the question

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've swapped the ones from '86 to '73 and all in between myself. P/U's and K-5's. All identical. The harness is different on a '82 P/U cause I swapped it to a '75 K-5 and had to splice.

4. sikZ28

sikZ28 1/2 ton status

i kind of figured that. i bought this k5 for $300 and i knew there would be alot of small things that needed to be done. like for instance the wiring......wow.
    they had the starter switch wired to a horn button mounted under the steering column and it had spliced wires that you had to make sure wouldnt end up touching each other. it was bad. :eek1: but i re wired it into a proper looking momenatry switch. it still needs a bunch of stuff, but that will be another posting.

thanks for the help.

and dont worry about misreading my post , the answer you gave me kind of answered my question. :grin:

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

same 73-87 k5 pickup burb, etc they are all dated 73, the first mold year

300 for a southern k5 ? nice.. thats just lucky as hell you have no idea
    i doubt,.,

details on it ?

god luck

6. sikZ28

sikZ28 1/2 ton status

i will end up posting pictures after i become a full member but it is not in too bad of shape, like i said the wiring was in bad shape (still got work to do) and i found out that the frame by the steering box has been cracked.it looked like somebody has welded it up.
    i plan on getting a plate and brace for it just for my reasurance. it has 33's on it and the fenders have been rubbing. i plan on cutting them back. i am nt driving it until i do. but i am sure you know how it is....never enough money to do what you want. :D