Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RELIEF! Made it through another layoff...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sandman, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Thats two now in 12 months and business isn't getting better. I think we're all pinching butt here at work. I'm getting sick of helping my buddies carry their stuff to the car.... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That sucks, good to hear you slipped through, though. Hopefully, the economy's on an upward cycle, as we're being told by so many news channels...

Another company out by me just started massive cutbacks. Closing 8 stores of a chain, and laying off tons of people.

3. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I got laid off...and was one of 2 employees. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Hard to miss that cut. Glad you made it though. Layoffs suck.

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Know just how ya feel....I got 22yrs with SBC...transferred to a different department last year just before the Stuff hit the fan...there's 2 of us in my area, and he's got me by 10yrs...heard of another cutback of 3000 (over 13 states), so I may have to go back to downtown Dallas just to keep A job...55m one way commute in parking lot traffic.....I wish you luck!!.....JD /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    as we're being told by so many news channels...

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that's the problem, the economy is being run by the newschannel... if you look at the market vs "upcoming" good/bad news. you'll have an idea of where the market will end up at the end of the day.

ARQ.

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

we just laid off 12 people 2 weeks ago only a little under 50 people work for us total..we are in the heavy equipment trailer building bus...for the past 4 years we have had 3-6 month wait for new trailer...right now we have 5 in stock and no orders comein in...not even any bites...we could be introuble here really quick /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

7. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

After Sept 11 we ending up laying off 4 guys..We just hired 2 back today..We are starting to pick up in the Electrical trade...

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i really wish it would pick up...if it dosent soon we are goin to be cuttin down to 4 days a week for the shop guys...at least the hauling part of the bus. is pickin up..it has been dead all year up untill the last 3 weeks or so....and my dad thought it was my fault that the trucks were so slow...nope...even the new guy for the most part couldent keep all the drivers busy..i am so glad i dont have to do that job anymore...too stressfull! every night when i got home i just wanted to bang my head into the wall untill i knocked myself out! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Maybe I spoke too soon. I just came into work and found that I have to turn off 5 more computer accounts and dissconnect their phones. I thought it was over but we'll see...