Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Relieved...So Relieved...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, May 15, 2005.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, I took my last final last Thursday and e-mailed my profs to find out my grades. Ended up getting one B and rest A's. Graduation is in two weeks and the family is coming from pretty much all over the country. I'm so happy to close this chapter of my life. This summer I'll be working 50-60 hours a week to bank a little money for college, even though I got a pretty decent academic scholarship. I'll be a freshman at South Dakota State in the engineering department come this August. My trail truck is getting very close to being done for the year, I can't wait to make the maiden voyage. It's been my first actual buildup and a pretty interesting one. I'm pretty damn proud of holding a full time job, taking a total of 38 credits of college courses while in high school, and building this truck in the past six months.

I don't really know that this thread has a purpose, but at the beginning of this school year, I looked back and realized that I hadn't truly accomplished anything that meant a lot to me. I enrolled in a program that allowed me to take college classes, got a different job, and decided to turn a tinkering mall crawling hobby into a serious thing, and worked out the finances and other hassles. I guess I'm just looking on the bright side of things for once. I'm really happy that I found CK5 and everybody here, otherwise there's no way I would have taken this on.

I'm really excited to go to Brookings in the fall. Hopefully I'll meet some interesting and intelligent people, and hot women wouldn't hurt either. The change of lifestyles will be welcome too. Don't have anybody keeping tabs on me every second of my life. If I screw up, it's my fault and there's nobody breathing down my neck but me. I think I turned a year that could have been boring and borderline hellish into one I really enjoyed and will always remember.

Life is what you make of it. I don't ever want to look back with regret, and thanks in part to you guys, I don't think I will.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

over-achiever :p:

Congratulations man!

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Can I borrow some of your motivation?