Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Religous haters in my town

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

A group from here are in my town. I try to live by, live and let live, but can't belive any church would preach hate. I don't have anything too do with the homo's, but for a church too go around screaming "God hates fags" is alittle out there. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I thought God was suposta love everybody. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Fawkin' idiots.... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Religion went from being an opiate to a justification for any stupid viewpoint

I'll tell you how god feels about certain issues when HE tells ME, not when I interpret an old book

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't condone the bend over billys, but that religous hate group is way out there. Think they'll end up burning in Hell with all those fags they hate ???

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

great, more bible thumpers taking what is written out plainly in front of them and adding their own interpretation. just what we need. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

That is just a group of people with terminal cranial rectal disorder trying to use God to fit into their agenda of stupid. The bible does say homosexuality is a sin. But in the 2 times I have read it from cover to cover, I must have missed the part about being a total moron to deliver your message and act as a vessel of hate to get there. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Im a Christian and I dont aprove of homos but Who am I to say what they are doing is wrong. Its their life and they will have to deal with their sins when the time comes.

Nick

8. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

To be a person or a part of something that says hating anyone is ok or right is very hypocritical if you claim to believe in God.

God doesn't hate anyone, because he created us all and all people are his children because of that. Just because he loves everyone doesn't mean everyone loves him or even believes in him.

But we live in a world of our own free choice and free will, and people take things upon themselves to think that hate is ok. Even though something may not be right, or people make mistakes as all of us do, it's not ok to hate anyone. No matter who you someone is or how annoying someone may be, I can't say I hate anyone. I may dislike people or rather not be around them, but hate, in its true meaning of hate, is a very strong word/emotion and in itself is against what God tells us to act like.

I have to believe that the main reason people look down on christianity is because they are looking at how people interpret it or how lives are lived by humans who believe in God. These people, like anyone else, are flawed and not perfect. Therefore, people's views of Christianty and God and all that he is about often comes across wrong. If a person had the truth of what it REALLY is all about and what God intended, without looking through humans, no one could dispute it. It would be so easy to believe and know whats right. But it's things like this that downplays what God is really about.

9. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

Did they miss the part that says no one can make it into heaven without Jesus ?

Everyone has sinned.

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

They're in your town? What do they do, tour?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I don't think God hates anyone. An important message of Jesus (the center of christianity) was that the greatest commandment from God was to love God, and the next most important was to love your neighbor. So important he said (Mt 22:40) basically, if you ignore them, everything else you do is meaningless.
    Who is your neighbor? Luke 10:29 defines "neighbor".
    "Fags", while in defiance of God, can certainly be one's neighbor by Jesus' definition.

This group seems to be driven by anger more than anything else. I flipped through the site a little, they're not completely mindless and brute-force, there are some genuine nuggets of truth. Unfortunately, the glaring sore of hate outshines it.
    It doesn't matter if your sin is having sex with someone of the same gender, or if your sin is sex with someone that's not your spouse, or if your sin is having undue anger at your brother. In God's eyes, sin is sin, that's that. I'm just as guilty of sin by lying about why I was late to work as I am if I murdered someone. Funny thing about God, he knew there would be a need to define some things as sin, and homosexuality was one of them.

I don't think it's my mission or the mission of anyone that knows God's truth to go out and convince other people of it or force them into it or fear them into it. The best a believer can do is convey information. God's not asking me to notch my belt and convert people.
    I think ramming it down someone's throat the way this group is attempting to is more damaging to thier cause, and totally negates any good points they can raise. Not to mention that by calling themselves christian, they fuel the fires for people that hate christians in a general rule without knowing what Christianity is.

So anyway, religious nuts, yeah.

The empty can rattles the most?

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeah, they go all over the country spreading thier hate. They came here because a alterman is having a sex change operation. They left today to go to NYC for something or other about the twin towers that were destroyed on 9/11.

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The sound of your own voive must please you

HEARING ONLY WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The sound of your own voive must please you

HEARING ONLY WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR

[/ QUOTE ]I see someone likes Metallica.

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifyour a good lil christian, Ratch....And smart too... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

15. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifyour a good lil christian, Ratch....And smart too... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Thanks 'fumes!