Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Relocating Batteries Anyone?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ryeguy, Jun 21, 2001.

1. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

Hi guys,

I'm running dual optimas. No inner fenders. Toying with relocating the batteries to inside the passenger compartment. Mebbe better weight distribution, and don't have to worry 'bout rocks coming up and hitting the batteries. Can do this since the Optimas are nice and sealed up. Anyone done this? Curious about where people are puttin' them. I was thinkin' behind the rear fenders, one on each side, but then there's a chance of the body crunching on the trails and contacting the battery...

--Rob

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Check out the post "Blazer going on a diet.....some initial weights". I don't think you have to worry about weight dist. I would not put mine inside just because of the room they would take up (IMHO).

'71 Blazer CST with alot of rust

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Race trucks mount them out back all the time......Run some nice heavy welding cable for your "+" cable. Some small boxes in the corners shouldn't take up too much room......and try not bashing the fenders/quarters so much!!! [​IMG]

Michael[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</A>

4. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    FYI, they are sealed, but can and do breath through the vents. Over the long term, like two years, I have seen them
    mounted in the trunk(hydrolics/stereo), corrode, and attact metal. I would not want to be the one to breath those fumes(Gases) for two years.

5. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

Hm. Didn't know they still vented gases. Thanks for the info, they'll stay under the hood, then.

--Rob