Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

relocating maybe

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by puck k5, Oct 7, 2004.

1. puck k5

puck k5 Registered Member

hey guys i might be relocating to texas. maybe somewhere in the Odessa area. any you guys around or near there. and is it easy to find jobs down there.i just want to get a idea about what im getting into. i really need to get out of pA. no i did nothing illegal lol

2. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Oddesa is depressing. There's not alot around there. I've been litterally all over the state and my favorite areas are around Abiline, anywhere in south Texas (I'm from there) and the piney woods (east texas, I live in College Station now).

3. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Abilene? Are you serious? Didn't know you have ever been here!

Anyways, Abilene's not that bad of a town, I just plan to move to the DFW area when I graduate from McM and start my Law Enforcement career. Oh yeah, there is better wheeling in South Texas anyways...

4. puck k5

puck k5 Registered Member

so basically you guys are telling me to stay away from Odessa and go for south texas huh. i apreciate you guys honesty

5. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Yup, South Texas is much better. It doesn't get much better than Texas Hill Country /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Lol I was there for a week last summer for the state 4-H horse show with my girlfriend (I hate horses). I liked it, rolling hills and grassy. The hill country is nice but being a flatlander I get all turned around in them hills lol.

7. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Yeah we have a lot of state 4-H shows here. Next time you or anybody else is in Abilene, drop me a line. I don't have much to do here!