Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Relocating the Linkage on NP241...?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 2Dogs, Aug 3, 2001.

1. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hello All,
    Here is the current project:
    Making a full cage that will include 2 tubes running front to rear between the seats and console. I want to make plate in front of the console for a floor shifter, switches, and gauges.
    If I do that, it will make it VERY difficult to reach the transfercase shift lever.
    Has anyone relocated the linkage?
    Any other ideas??

Thanks.

Dave

If You Drink Don't Park, Accidents Cause People.

91 K5 - in the process of 4" lift with D60/14FF plus LOTS of extras. ETF August 1.

2. 2Dogs

Hmmm. Anyone?

OK - reply if you think it can't be done....?

Dave

If You Drink Don't Park, Accidents Cause People.

91 K5 - in the process of 4" lift with D60/14FF plus LOTS of extras. ETF August 1.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'll reply saying it can be done. A few years ago, can't remember which 4WOR or Four Wheeler had an article about a guy who did a semi-race job to his fullsize Jeep pickup. I think it had a 205 in it. He had built a race style console and had a fabricated lever for the TC. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll look up the article get more info. Best bet maybe would be to contact some of the desert race shops in the LA area like Donohoe Racing. There's a message board on www.race-dezert.com, you might get some answers there.

Bubba Ray Boudreaux,
    Leader of the Advance Party for
    the CSA revolution in the PRK!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.handguncontrolinc.com>www.handguncontrolinc.com</a>

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Who cares if it's hard to reach? You don't use it all that much anyway. Lock it in 4wd when you get to the trail, put it in low range if you need it, and back to 2wd when you hit the road. Other than that just leave it alone.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

5. 2Dogs

Thanks BR and 84.

I want it coming out of the left side and shorter. If my cage plans go into production, the struts and plate will not allow the stock height shifter. And the long reach over and around might result in spilling my beer...... Don't like it that far away even without the cage stuff.
    I CAN leave it alone. I am not the type to change something just for the sake of change. Plus I feel that Mr. GM did a pretty good job on most things and change means less reliable.
    Also the cage thing is kind of a request from my shop - wants to do his first K5 cage so I'll get a deal and he wants to go crazy.

Dave

Saw It... Wanted It... Had A Fit... Got It

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Geez, who pissed in your Wheaties? What's wrong if someone wants to do this, it's not your truck. Should I get your explicit, written permission before the next time I fill up?

Bubba Ray Boudreaux,
    Leader of the Advance Party for
    the CSA revolution in the PRK!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.handguncontrolinc.com>www.handguncontrolinc.com</a>