Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Remember 'AA' Battery Powered "Stomper 4x4s" ??? They're BAAAAACK!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 350350, Jan 1, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Remember \'AA\' Battery Powered \"Stomper 4x4s\" ??? They\'re BAAAAACK!!!

For us old guys, remember Stomper Pulls??? I had one with twin HO Slot Car engines powered by a train track transformer... It would drag that sled around anywhere as long as you wanted!!!

Anyways, I recently picked up a few of the '2-speed' versions at Toys 'R Us for $2.99!!! They're being made again by Tinco Toys. Only a few on ebay, and they want $15 for them!!! There HAS to be somewhere on-line to buy them for list price.

This guy seems to be the expert and has a page on his web site dedicated to the 'New Version' of the Stompers. I emailed him but haven't heard back yet.

Clicky to meet the Most Stomperific Dude on the Net!!!

Can anyone tell me where I can buy any/all of the Stompers I want???

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Re: Remember \'AA\' Battery Powered \"Stomper 4x4s\" ??? They\'re BAAAAACK!!!

Heck yeah. I was thinking about those recently, wishing I could get some for my son to play with. Thats cool that they are back. If Toys-R-Us is open today I'll probably go pick some up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Man the old toys rock'd.

3. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Yep, I remember them, but only because you posted this, had forgot all about them. Checked out the link, unfortunately looks like they are underrepresenting Chevys.

4. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I have one that my wife bought for me, but looking at that page, I remember how many I used to have. I think it was in 5th or 6th grade we used to make tracks for them in the sand at school. Oh, those were the good ol' days!!!!

5. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I want the Badass Blazer with the 80's paint! Toys'R'Us here I come! /forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I had a bunch of those things with the foam tires. You could slip the tires off the rims and put stick pins out through the foam and they would climb anything.

7. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I still have a couple of the old ones with all the tires from when I was a kid (who am I kidding I'm still a kid at heart) and my son has several of the newer cheaper style ones. You couldn't pull the tires off of his new ones but they're still fun to play with. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

hey theres even a luv in there

[​IMG]

9. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

this is the one I bought a couple weeks ago, I use to have alot of the stompers but sold 15 stompers and the log trail for close to $200 on ebay /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif May have been a bad idea... oh well things you do when you need money /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

The Boy got this Stepside in his stocking for Xmas...

[​IMG]

11. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

And Santa put this Awesome Heep in my Stocking... (It was either a Heep or Coal! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif ) It has a Big Gun Mounted in it, so I'm willing to accept the Heep part... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG]

12. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

this is the one I bought a couple weeks ago, I use to have alot of the stompers but sold 15 stompers and the log trail for close to $200 on ebay /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif May have been a bad idea... oh well things you do when you need money /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that one actually a 'Stomper' Brand? We have a few of those types, sorta the modern day Stomper. A little bigger than the original and with bigger tires, etc. I didn't know they were 'Stompers' though!!! I HAVE to hit Toys 'R' Us today to check this whole situation out!

The Wife and Kids have the flu...

Would it make me a bad Father/Husband if I left them for 2 hours to go to the Toy Store while they are all here alone puking and pooping??? (I'm "The Cleaner" today, and not in the Ultra-Cool 'Mafia' style way!!!)

13. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I used to have a Blue and Red Toyota floating around my room somewhere. I might have to go get a couple of the new ones.

14. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

no the newer looking one is not stomper brand, its 'new bright'
    THe old ones I had where true stompers, but I didn't see the ones I remeber on the pages above /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I'll have to find some pics...

Black, green, white, orange molded stompers with stickers is what I had, a couple blazers, fullsize vans, couple different heep brands and the pickups.

15. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Picked up a new Heep Cherokee tonight while I was out shopping. Selection is extremely limited... T'R'Us is the only place I've seen them and they only have about 5 at a time. Mostly the camo ones, and I have a couple of those already. Will keep you all posted. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

If the few underprivelaged folks that voted 'Never heard of them...' send me an address I'll try to ship you one... Any kid that didn't have a Stomper growing up was just plain abused and neglected. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

17. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Old guys, hell I'm only 21 and I had a couple of them (they didn't do as well in the mud as the look) I was wondering when these were gonna come back.

18. Re: Remember \'AA\' Battery Powered \"Stomper 4x4s\" ??? They\'re BAAAAACK!!!

There were also another kind called "Rougrider 4x4's". I remember one I had was a Subaru Brat. It was cool. I remember they had foam tires. Ahhh, the good old days.

Mat

19. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Ohh heeell yeah !

Those things kicked butt !
    We'd glue on another set of tires to the ones it allready had, big fat dualys front and rear.
    Tried to nine-volt one, once. That didn't work (if I recall correctly)....
    But now....
    I've got a-bit more skill, and a soldering-iron !

Toy-R-Us - here I come ! I've been dying for an excuse to go in there, just to see... ofcource.

20. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

MY TRUCK is that color.i remember those.barely.(old) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif