Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Remember me?? Update on getting another K5!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Dec 15, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

As most of you might remember, my '87 Jimmy was stolen about 4 months ago. In the mean time, I have been working with one of my many lawyers(yes, it's plural) on getting insurance money on it. Well, as of right now, the insurance company is trying to screw me and wants to settle for $4,000. For some reason, the shop's insurance company has a lot of info on what my truck looked like, what was inside, type of CD player right down to the style of it. To me, this pretty much shows that someone in the shop was looking over it extra carefully. My lawyer and I are looking to get $7,000 out of them. The funny thing is, we have the insurance company cornered. Hopefully, I should be getting another K5 here pretty soon. We are determined to collect, even if we have to go to court over this. Later.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i remember.
    if u get the 7000 u can get a nice blazer with $$ to spare to fix it up!!
    what specs did ur old one have? as in lift tires etc.. exhaust

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

3. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Go into the photo gallery. It's under "Alex Huckins's 1987 Jimmy." I had 6" suspension with 35" Swamper SX's. Had dual exhaust, KC lights, etc. Good truck, too bad it got stolen.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

4. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

5. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Hey Alex, that's good to hear.

I don't know how actively you plan on looking for a K5, but Excite Classifieds and Yahoo auctions have notify services so you can set it to email you when an ad appears with "chevy blazer" for instance.

It's nice cause it's automatic and delivers it right to ya. Just a thought! [​IMG]

<font color=blue>"You call it clearance, I call it head room." [​IMG]</font color=blue>

6. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

Hey Alex, good to hear from you. Yea, there's something about that shop that smells like unrefrigerated fish. Keep us posted on the progress of the settlement and hang in there. You will have another Blazer soon.

'89 K5 Silverado 4" lift w/BFG 33's

7. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

I say screw 'em. If they start getting REALLY cagey, have your lawyer put a LARGE ad in the local papers about it. See how much business they get then. Stand out in front of their shop with a few LARGE friends, and yell, scream, and wave a sign around telling people how big a bunch of crooks they are. You aren't doing anything wrong, just exercising your 1st ammendment rights.[​IMG][​IMG]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]