Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Remember my "carb" problems??? Well, guess what it REALLY is...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudNurI, Jul 20, 2003.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Remember my \"carb\" problems??? Well, guess what it REALLY is...

Dropped the truck off at a local "speed shop" last week, to see if they could figure out the issue's with the right bank dumping what I thought was fuel. They messed around with the adjustment screws, set the timing etc. etc.. and low and behold it's not the CARB!!!

The adjustments were off- which I knew, and the timing was not dead on- also knew that .....but in the end the issue with the right side getting so damn hot is- OIL!! My rings are shot on that side, and the oil is actually what's combusting in the muffler.

The issue I have now is- how long it's gonna run before it REALLY gets bad. I'm not going to pull a 305 with 200K on it and rebuild to get the issue fixed, so I picked up some of that "dump in with your oil and fix the smoke" stuff....we'll see if that works.

In the end, I'm glad its not fuel, but still not happy that it's oil. I guess this just gives me more reasons to pull it out and dump that 502 in!!!

The guys that worked on it- father and son- were great, didn't try to get me to do something not worth the $$ etc.. and they only charged me 40 bucks- not bad considering it's now running great...cept for a bit of smoke at idle.

Well, off to get it inspected, since that ran out a month ago!

Brandy

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Re: Remember my \"carb\" problems??? Well, guess what it REALLY is...

It looks like rebuilding that Q-jet yourself will have to wait. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'm glad it is running well for you, I know you were pretty frustrated! Good luck with the inspection!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif