Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Remember those Gabrial shocks?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Dec 10, 2003.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Remember the part number that someone here found, G63438 that comes up with some 30" long 12" travel shocks for our trucks that are cheap as hell?

Well I found what application they're supposed to be for today. 73-87 Chevy trucks and Blazers, excluding quad shocks, with 4" lift kit. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

G63437 gets you a front shock that will supposedly fit in stock mounts with a 4" lift as well, but I didn't have it in stock to check it out.

G63438 gets you a rear shock that is so long that it worked out great with my 6" lift from my Echobit flip.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif on the $20 AZ Gabrials for a lifted application. If you don't have AZ in your area, I'm sure some parts store in your area carries Gabrials or can cross them to a Monroe number.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

We use gabriel and manroe in all of our big trucks, they are very good long lasting shocks.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    We use gabriel and manroe in all of our big trucks, they are very good long lasting shocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they dont have to be with a lifetime warranty from AZ.

Either way I'm gonna run theirs in my rig, G63438 or if I can find them in the HD line, in those.

4. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Hey Tim, thanks for the part #'s, I have been looking for the right shocks for mine, I will have to check them out at work tomorrow. I hope we have them in stock.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'm gonna try Ford towers and the long rear shocks up front when I get rid of my mech clutch. I've still got the Ranchos up front.

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Part number Ithink was brought up as a cheap front alternative after installing the ford towers. First pic shows them next to my shocks for the BDS lift (front, rear, gabs)
    Second pic is measuring the gabs

7. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Remember the part number that someone here found, G63438 that comes up with some 30" long 12" travel shocks for our trucks that are cheap as hell?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a BETTER term like "inexpensive" should be used...
    I NOT there not cheap...
    because the company I work for produces parts that go into each shock!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

GOOD info though!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

G63438 gets you a rear shock that is so long that it worked out great with my 6" lift from my Echobit flip.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it doesn't bottom/max out? I am about to install my echobit later this month and I am going to need some shocks as well. Also need some for a 6" TC front lift if anyone knows that part #.
    Thanks,
    Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

The Gabrial shock number, cross references over to a Rancho Shock, when you try and cross it to a Monroe Shock. Guess Monroe builds Rancho's! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif And Rancho's aren't long enough for a 6" lift.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And it doesn't bottom/max out? I am about to install my echobit later this month and I am going to need some shocks as well. Also need some for a 6" TC front lift if anyone knows that part #.
    Thanks,
    Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I really need longer shocks or different mounts additional down travel although they're sufficient for now. I'm not sure exactly what to do in the rear...off the shelf shocks don't get much longer than these.

11. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

I really need longer shocks or different mounts additional down travel although they're sufficient for now. I'm not sure exactly what to do in the rear...off the shelf shocks don't get much longer than these.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim, you can buy TC shocks from JC Whitney for $29, including shipping. If you are interested, I can supply you with the numbers & a discount code.