Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Remington Tires???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by surg82k5, Jun 17, 2001.

1. surg82k5

surg82k5 1/2 ton status

Can anyone give me some suggestions on the quality and the offroad ability of these tires, specifically the remington mud brute. also does any one know the web address for remington tires, i can't find it anywhere. thanks
    sergio

2. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I ran them for about a year on the street with no problems. I had their 35x12.5 mud brute. Really quiet and smooth on the road but never had the chance to take it offroad.

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

3. surg82k5

surg82k5 1/2 ton status

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

No personal experience myself with them... but I have seen a lot of Jeeps around here with them..... I looked into gettting a set but got the mudkings instead because they had them in stock that day. But most of the Jeeps I do see all look like they do off-road. Not just some pavement pounder someones daddy bought for them for a graduation gift... I know Jeeps are a different species but I thought I'd mention that at least I have seen people who have them and seem to off road with them and they must work because they still are running them....

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

5. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i have the mud brutes on my 91' they are the 32x11.50 15r and they worked pretty good, i thing that the are the same as the dunlop mud rovers cause dunlop makes them..they worked good they helped pulla brunco out of wet dirt(mud)....so they ae aight

high

6. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Yeah, the Mud Brute is basically the same as the Dunlop mud rover. I haven't had any, but I have had a couple sets of the Wide Brute RV's that I've been happy with. I used to work for a distributor and don't remember hearing any complaints about them.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

7. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I have the Wide Brutes on mine and the only problem I have had was some torn side wall threads on the front tire. But I thing that rock over there, that I hit doing about 20 mph, had a lot to do with it!! I am very happy with them and plan on contenuing to run them.

<font color=red>Land use issues are the heart of our sport.
    Get involved or lose the sport.</font color=red>