Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Remmington Mud Brute tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by greatwhitenorth, Apr 23, 2002.

1. greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth 1/2 ton status

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Nice Tires. Most people around here for sloppy mud conditions run either Swampers, Cooper Discovery's, Remminton Mud Brutes, Buckshots or BFG Mud Terrains. In my opinion they are up there with the better mud terrains. They are a bit louder and wear equal or quicker than other M/T's because of their rubber compound and design. I would't hesitate to run them in the mud. I can't vouch for rocks or other so I am biased in a way.

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Those tires aren't bad, but have you ever looked at Mud Kings? They are made by BFG, and are alot like the old style Mud Terrain only they have a more open lug design. I run these tires on my truck and it'll eat its way through quite a bit of mud. When I lock her in 4wd... these tires will eat through some serious mud for only being 33's. I have a friend who runs them in a 35 he loves those.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have heard that both the Mud Brute and the Mud King are good tires. If you run mostly mud they should do you just fine. I have seen a set of Mud Brutes on a pickup in AZ though, and there sidewalls where all tore up, and from what I could tell this wasn't a hardcore rock truck. (59 Chevy 4x4 with straight sheet metal and nice paint). I have heard good things about the Mud King also, but again I wouldn't trust them much in the rocks, they only have a 2 ply sidewall.

5. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Did remington go belly up? Been trying like crazy to find info on them and cant.

6. GMC1977

GMC1977 1/2 ton status

idk if they went out or not. i still have a set on my jimmy at about 90% tread. great tires IMO

7. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

They're still around. I see them all the time.

It's another random generic mud tire. Everyone I've known with them liked them but everyone used them for mud and two tracking, no hard core rock crawling or anything super hard on tires.

8. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Oh i have owned them and love them! Just looking into a new set and cant come up with a website. or a dealer. I will just have to call some local places.

9. AJMBLAZER

10. suicide jockey

suicide jockey Registered Member

Good in the mud, will probably last 25,000 miles on the road, but have a soft sidewall I stuck roots and rocks into my sidewalls just driving around hunting.Im currently running the Mud Kings and have had zero problems but the sidewalls are soft, but i have yet to punch a hole in one.

11. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

:dunno:I cant seem to find them on the tire-easy site:dunno:

EDIT: i found only a 235/75 R15 mud brute on tire-easy. And on there it says tire made by dunlop, but when i go back to dunlop.com i cant find the mud brutes still!

12. AJMBLAZER

Made by Dunlop just means they make it in their factories. Goodyear, Kelly, BFG's controlling company, and others all do the same thing. Someone has to make these "no name" tires we get. Doesn't mean they advertise them on their own major brand websites.