Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Remote oil filter(s)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Good idea or bad idea ??? It can get pretty tight up in the stock location if ya have headers, so was thinking of maybe getting a relocation kit with dual filters and a oil cooler. Anyone done this ??? Any problems with that set up ?? This thang with one of these.

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i have heard lots of bad things about them, but have no experience w/ them.

i know a lot of guys locally run them on thier race cars & they don't have any problems

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I think Edelbrock makes a good one. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Just messing with you.

I am using a remote tranny filter setup by Perma Cool. Pretty good piece. I like it and it works well. I haven't had any experience with there oil filter setups but I have thought about the using them. After dealing with there tranny piece I would use it.

I would mount it as close to the original filter area as possible, but try and keep it away from heat. A cooler is never a bad idea either. I would heat shield the filter from the headers though just to keep temps down a little more.

Harley

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I think Edelbrock makes a good one. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Just messing with you.

I am using a remote tranny filter setup by Perma Cool. Pretty good piece. I like it and it works well. I haven't had any experience with there oil filter setups but I have thought about the using them. After dealing with there tranny piece I would use it.

I would mount it as close to the original filter area as possible, but try and keep it away from heat. A cooler is never a bad idea either. I would heat shield the filter from the headers though just to keep temps down a little more.

Harley

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I don't think I could use the words Edelbrock and good in the same sentence. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. Hossbaby50

I don't think you could either, just having a little fun with you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Aint more filtering good for the engine?

7. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have run them for years with no problems......

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't think you could either, just having a little fun with you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I see you caught the joke in that reply. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Hossbaby50

I dont even think Edelbrock makes remote oil filter setups, that was just a ploy to give you a little crap knowing how you love edelbrock. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I had just gotten done reading the debate you and Bling Master RJ had in the manifold post. I couldn't resist.

Harley

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I dont even think Edelbrock makes remote oil filter setups, that was just a ploy to give you a little crap knowing how you love edelbrock. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I had just gotten done reading the debate you and Bling Master RJ had in the manifold post. I couldn't resist.

Harley

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, my joke was stating I couldn't use the words Edelbrock and good in the same sentence, but it was said in the one sentence. Hence my fleeting attempt at humor. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif