Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Remote Solinoid...what else do I need to do?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LKJR, Aug 23, 2002.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Ok I've decided to do this remote solinoid. I"ve mounted it, connected the battery cable on both sides like I"m supposed to. Removed the wires (S&P?) from the old solinoid and hooked them up on the new one. Is there something I"m missing? I noticed the other post saying something about a small metal piece across some posts? Do I need to connect the old S&P posts?

2. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Here ya go, this should help.

[​IMG]

3. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

you must connect the big battery cable stud and the s terminal stud on the starter with a piece of metal.
    Blake

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

well I got it all hooked up, thanks for the help, but it didn't seem to help the starting problem..... maybe I need to look into the heat shield thing...anyone have one laying around?

5. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

buy a starter blanket. i did this when i put my remote solinoid on. take you're starter out and cut and wrap it in the blanket. make sure to tuck it away from you're post's. mine came with zip tyes to hold it on but i got some big hose clamp's and clamped it on. then put it back in and hook up you're wire.
    i did this to my BB with hooker header's, my header's are about 1/2" or less away from starter so factory heat sheild would not fit.
    i have not had any hot start problem's since.

dave