Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Remote Starter and Keyless entry in 90K5?????

Discussion in 'Audio' started by blazen_md, May 6, 2002.

1. blazen_md

blazen_md 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if anyone has installed a keyless entry remote start combo or either or and wondering how hard the installation is? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

90 k5 35"ssr's 6in superlift suspension, 4.10's locked in the rear.

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I have keyless entry on my 89 k5, its works slick, but i didnt do the install so i cant help you on that part

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's one of those things that is best to pay a shop to do. You can really mess the wireing of your truck up if you don't know what you're doing.

4. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I do remote starts daily send me the specs on you alarm or I can send you a alarm and the info. On that vehicle it is pretty easy and I could give you detailed directions. If you can solder a wire you can install a system in that.

5. blazen_md

blazen_md 1/2 ton status

Alright man as soon as I figure out what system I am goin to use I will send u a message to see if u can help me out thanks

6. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

This is what I sell at my shop. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.compustar.org>www.compustar.org</a>
    This is one of the sweetest alarm/starter/2-way remote
    You can monitor you rig from a mile and a quarter away. Not like the old Autopage that was effected by flourecent lights.

7. creampuff90k5

creampuff90k5 1/2 ton status

I did keyless entry in my '90 and it was incredibly simple. Used to be a pain in the ass, but the modern control boxes already have the relays built in. You just need to hook up 12V pos and neg, then tap into two wires for the doorlocks (use those blue "scotch-lock" connectors to avoid cutting) that can be accessed behind the driver's side kick panel. The instructions included with the remote unit will tell you what color wires to look for. Half hour install time - max.

BTW.... JC Whitney has some units for less than $50
    www.jcwhitney.com

8. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Send me an email if you need the diagram and remember you get what you pay for. I do not know how many times I have pulled cheap alarms and replaced them with quality units.