Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

remote starter for 2000 ZR2?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Jan 27, 2005.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I have a 2000 ZR2 blazer that has/had factory remote door locks and GM security but I didn't get the remotes with the truck. We've bought a few remote sets with different numbers and had no luck getting them to program. Anyhow, I want a remote starter and have been looking at the ones with the 'upto a mile range' with the LCD pager with active updates. With all the simple harness install upgrades avaliable does anyone know of a good remote starter that has the door locks, windows, sunroof, trunk/hatch release or maybe even the starter controls on an inline harness? I've done a remote doorlock/alarm install before and it wasn't too bad, I have a remote starter/ remote lock kit from bulldog sitting here for my 87 blazer that has to be cut and spliced into the harness :tongue1::doah::hack::weld:

Alarm is not that big of deal to me, but I would like it to have some of the wiring on inline connectors
    -remote start (temp control, timer and or preset hour start incriments in addition to push button start)
    -remote door locks (the hatch lock releases when the doors are unlocked, but it does have the hatch pop also)
    -would like to be able to roll the windows up and down and or open and close the sunroof from the remote
    -would be nice to have temperature feedback on the remote (I've noticed a couple have this with the cold temperature start function if you turn it on)
    -it would be nice to have the remote show if the vehicle is running and if the doors or locked/unlocked

One of the kits I seen at a electronics store was about $120 for all the pieces and $120 to install (although I would probley install it myself... thus the curiosity for the inline wiring adapters). I've even thought about trying to find a GM remote start setup, surely its plug'n play :confused:

2. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

2000 zr2 remotes

i know you said you are looking into an aftermarket alarm but if you want to try the reprogramming thing again i have at least one remote that came off my 2000 zr2 blazer that was wrecked let me know if you want it

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

you have your PM and email settings set to off so I cna't contact you, shoot me an email, I'll try another remote for the right price :wink1:

bump