Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

removable mud flaps?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTChevy, Jul 13, 2006.

1. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I am driving my truck on-road and I need an idea for mud flaps. I found about 2 pictures of removable mud flap designs though searching (yes searching beaterk20) but i was wondering if anyone could refresh some ideas. Maybe pictures of your mud flaps if you drive on road. Mud flaps suck!!! but ya gotta have em i guess. So anybody got ideas for flaps that could be removable on a lifted rig with 39.5's?

2. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Have you gotten in trouble for not having them? If not don't worry about it. Here in Kalifornia it is supposedly a big deal yet I don't see anyone (including myself) that runs them and nobody gets stopped for it. Normally they will tack that on the ticket if they stop you for something else but they won't pull you over for not having them, it's not worth their time. My buddy has an extended cab 97 chevy running 37's and he got it tacked on to a ticket once and it was only some rediculous $5 (yeah 5) paper work charge and when it was over he took them right back off.

Basically what I'm saying is if you aren't stupid w/ your driving while on the road with everyone else and you don't have some rediculous backspacing that pushes them out 6"+ past the fenders I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Just my $0.02 on the topic.

-Avery

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I use my ass flaps as garage floor mats.. until I need them for inspection every 2 years... this year is a re-inspect in Dec.....

[​IMG]

4. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

You've probably seen this then, if you searched. But they are easy to make and easy on/off. I run them on the road because everything else stands out...:haha:

DSCF0150.JPG

DSCF0150.JPG

5. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Walla's setup is simple! But i think choppedandbobbedburban has some also...

6. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

yeah yours is one i saw walla and i like the concept. I think im just gonna run flapless until i get hassled, but will have the bracketry attached just incase. No inspections so i dont gotta worry on that end...