Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

removable mudflaps???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigbadchev84, Mar 11, 2005.

1. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

Well i just got my first warning about mudflaps, i have 9inch suspension lift and 39.5x18 boggers, they stick out quite a bit. well i need mudflaps, but i want something easily removable, anyone else runnig something like this?? any ideas or pics would be greatly appreciated

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

no pics.. but, Go to napa and ask them about their removeble mudflaps ?for Semis, You bolt a little bracket to your frame, Then you slide in a piece of square tubing that is bent like a long L and and the mudflap hangs off of that... Removeable with a simple Hitch style pin.

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

or you can do what I know someone that did...

if you look in your wheel well there is a hole on each side.. you can slide a rod through....each and put a nut on one side.... and attach mudflaps to that.. hard to explain but im going to make it too once I get a warning... well not even... my wife said we will pay the mudflap ticket as they are horrible....

just need them when I goto bloomsburg or any car/truck show... I want to go and get ZERO, NADA, NINE, Tickets :cool1:

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

That is the same type of deal I am gonna make. It should be pretty basic and straight forward to do if you have a welder and something to cut metal with. If not, buying the Napa ones might be a good route.

http://www.krazyk5.com

http://community.webshots.com/user/trcksr4me
    http://community.webshots.com/user/trcksr4me2

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

yea they were pretty cheap... I didnt want to put any work into mudflaps heh... They are ugly as hell but hey. I even put the Napa logo on the outside to make them even more of an eyesore...

6. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

This sh!t pisses me off - do they ticket the dumb fokers in the gravel trucks that are dropping gravel and rocks??? I get 100 of those instances for 1 of ANY type of car let alone a lifted truck.......

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

These are about the easiest there are. Two holes to mount the bracket to the frame and 1 clip to hold the bar to the bracket. You can have both off in about 20 seconds. It is better to use the bar that hold the mudflaps upsidedown compared to what is in the pic, meaning have it leave the bottom of the bracket and then angle out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

I been thiking about making a bracket that goes in the hitch receiver. Basically a piece of angle iron attached to a piece of square tubing that goes in the receier. Then attach the mudflaps. Only problem is it would be a PITA to store.

9. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Velcro?

10. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

I used square tubing 1 1/4 screwed the flap to it, I welded a chunk of 1" to the frame and drilled a hole treough bot and use a pin to pin them in, Total cost was under $25

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i did mine exactly like spoolnaround....cheep and effective