Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Removable soft top....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PhoenixZorn, Apr 5, 2005.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for a removable soft top that I can put on when I take off my hard top in case it starts raining and I have my kid in the truck this summer.... I don't think he would be pleased if I were an hour from home and it started to pour on him. I thought of a design that would work if there aren't any out there already, but I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction from here...

Also, when you remove your hard tops, what do you put them on so they don't collapse under their own weight?

2. PhoenixZorn

Something that I can take with me when the hard top is on would be wonderful... If I could find something that looks good and can be folded up into a very small package when not in use would be the "E-ticket"

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Ive got me one of these And I Love It had it for 2 years and sisnt even ake it off this winter. Actually drove the blazer to work today with the windows out...It was great to bad the drivers window wouldnt go down, kinda ruined the experence :laugh:

4. PhoenixZorn

**** those are pricey.... maybe I can sell my hardtop for some of the working capital to get one of them... =)

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cheer up, Canback brand covers cost close to a grand I believe.

6. PhoenixZorn

is can-back out of business?? their domain name is for sale...

7. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not that I know of but I found the same thing. Eh well, I loved the look but I could never part with $1k for a soft top.

8. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

i am also looking for a good deal on a soft top, but 500 seems to be the floor. just too much right now.

about the hard top, don't worry about it collapsing. i usually hang mine in the garage and drive the k5 out from under it, leaving it hanging for days at a time. i've also just set it on the ground a few times. i have no sealing or fit problems, and no cracks or leaks. on a side note, damn those things are heavy!

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

last I heard, Canbacks were MORE than a thousand. The subject of this thread caught my eye... I wasn't aware there was such a thing as a non-removable soft top. ;)

In any case, If you're seeing sticker shock, I'd highly recommend that you add a roll bar behind the passanger seat (stock in some years K5s... right?) and then put some stainless snaps on your cab and use some boat-top material from a marine supply place to make a bikini top. Oughta cost less than $100 and you can design it however you want it.

j

10. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

11. Jew Pimpin

Jew Pimpin Registered Member