Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Removal of door panel armrest pads.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Can Can, May 12, 2002.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I tried to pull the armrest pad off the driver's side of my 84. It looked simple enough - 2 phillips screws!!! However, with both screws out the pad is still stuck to the door panel near the front of the armrest.......

What's the trick to pulling the sucker off?? Is it screwed in from the inside of the door panel too???

2. Nope mine just come off, the two screws are the only thing holding it. Maybe there is some glue on there? Later 80K20

3. Can Can

Hmmmmmmmmmm.........Now that you say it, it seems like it may be glue or silicone instead of a screw. With the two screws out it kinda wiggles, but there's still something keeping it from lifting up.

Anybody else?/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

4. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

I have to take the two screws out and all the screws in the panel. Like you removing the whole panel. I can't remember but there is a clip or tab on the bottom. I think the two screws just give added support when pulling on it to close the door.

Just remove all the screws and your panel and you will see.

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You must remove the door panel, there is a screw from the underside that must also be removed near the front of the armrest.

6. Can Can

OH GOODY!!! Thanks for the help, brothers....../forums/images/icons/smile.gif