Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

removal of oem springs bushings

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Dec 23, 2002.

whats the easiest way to remove oem bushings? im putting in polyurethane, i have been torching wiht me small hand held propane torche, and thats gonna take days to complete. is there an easier way?

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

take a drill and drill all around the bushing and just basicly cut it out..seemed to work well to me...i tried the torch thing too...all it did was make a mess and really dident get anywhere with it

2. Frankenstien

Frankenstien 1/2 ton status

I'm with Chaz i just redid my bushings for the whole suspension drill, drill, and drill some more. Took one of the old metal sleeves and pounded it out. I guess you could use a socket too, make sure you don't what or need that one thou

3. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I used an air hammer and a pointed bit and a v-shaped bit and slowly, very slowly got it out - what a pain!

4. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

all ya gotta do is get them burning and let then burn for a couple of mins. them blow them out and drive what left out with a hammer it took me maybe 5 min per end to do mine, then take a sawsall and cut the outer metal sleeve so you cn fold it in and pound it out.

i found that removing the out sleeve to be the biggest pain of the whole job.